Jenna

it's been three days since I've been out of the hospital. Today, I can finally go back to work at the salon and I seriously cannot wait.

I also have my speech prepared to tell Naomi about my situation with Tyler. I can't do this abusive relationship anymore, it's literally killing me.

I heard the door slam shut, indicating Tyler leaving for work. It's 7:30 in the morning and I don't have to be to work until noon, but there's no way I'm getting back to sleep. I sat up and stretched before swinging my legs over the side of the bed and making my way into the bathroom.

I ran the water, attempting to get it warm befire washing my face. I looked into the mirror and gasped.

Some girls have raccoon eyes from makeup worn the previous day. I have a black eye from having a plate being thrown at my face, along with a big cut extending from my cheek bone to my nose.

My entire eye was swollen and how I didn't feel it when I woke up, I don't know. But part of my forehead was also bruised on both sides. So I looked like the definition of shit.

I splashed the water onto my face and planned my makeup routine for the day after I get out of the shower later. All I know so far is that it will include a lot of foundation and concealer.

I shuffled into the kitchen and brewed some coffee while scrolling through social media and liking a few things here and there. Once the coffee was done, I poured a huge cup, knowing that I'd need it for the day ahead of me.

Looking around the kitchen, I spotted a note on the table in my spot. I walked over to it with my mug in hand and picked it up.

I'll be home late tonight. Going out with the guys.

love ya,

Ty

Great, so I get to come home knowing that my crummy fiancé is most likely cheating on me.

What a time to be alive.

I put the note down, along with my coffee and headed to the bathroom. I peeled off my pajamas and got in the shower while blaring music from my phone. I washed my hair and body before standing underneath the water and just thinking about anything and everything.

What happens now? Should I tell Naomi today?

I turned the water off and opened the curtain ad reached for my towel. I wrapped it around my body and stepped out of the shower and into my room.

Todays outfit consisted of black jeans, a black long-sleeved V-neck and some flats. I put my hair into my towel and sat at my vanity and sighed.

I got out my foundation and poured it onto my hand and dabbed it on the areas that were most noticeable. I applied my concealer and added a slight contour and highlight to make myself look a little bit more like myself.

After my eyeshadow and mascara, I was ready to take on today. My skin felt quite cake-y, but I'd rather not show off my oh-so fantastic black eye.

The time was now 10:30, and I still have an hour until I have to leave, but maybe I can just go in early.

I gathered my purse and phone and walked to the elevator after locking the door. Our neighbor, Ingrid, made her way down the hallway with her glasses perched on her nose. Ingrid is the cutest 80 year-old lady you'll ever meet and she's a sweetheart. She's like a grandma to me.

"Jenna! How are you, darling?" She smiled and extended her arms out for me to hug her.

"I'm doing well, Ingrid. How are you?" I smiled back and hugged her.