Jenna

I turned the knob of the front door of my parents house and the familiar smell of the scented wax my mom had went through my nostrils.

"Mom?" I yelled through the house while putting my purse on the counter. I live about a half an hour away from my parents but I don't see them that often.

"Jenna?" She came into view with furrowed eyebrows before she saw me.

"Hi. I just decided to stop in and say, well, hi." I told her with a smile. She returned the smile and pulled me into a hug.

"Your dad is at work still. He'll be home soon. Are you staying for dinner?"

"Okay, and I can if you want me too. I'm in no hurry." I told her before pulling out a chair at the table.

She smiled before preparing two cups of coffee for the both of us. She sat the mug in front of me and took the seat across from me.

"So, how's it been going?" She asked while taking a sip.

"I've been doing okay," I told her while tracing the top of the mug. "How about here?"

"Pretty good." She answered honestly as I nodded. I debated on telling her about Ashton. I don't know how she would react and how many questions I'd be bombarded with.

"So how did that date go earlier this week?" My mother asked while I sighed.

"Not good. I guess I wasn't his type and he wasn't mine." I flatly muttered.

"Aw honey, I'm sorry."

I just weakly smiled at her as a reply. I was tired of people's pity. I didn't want their sympathy. That was one thing I like about Ashton. Even if I told him a horrible memory he wouldn't exactly pity me, he just listened and put his own thoughts into it without any 'I'm sorry' put into it whatsoever.

"But I met a new friend." I blurted out. She raised her eyebrows and nodded for me to continue.

"I cut his hair and then we went out for coffee and-"

"Wait, wait, wait. Your new friend is a boy?" She smirked at me.

"Uh, yeah." I told her while my cheeks started to flush. I was hoping this wasn't going to go too far.

"Okay, continue."

"But we went out for coffee and then we ended up seeing each other again at a restaurant and then we hung out last night and watched movies."

"Hmm. It sounds like you got very close with this person very, very fast." She frowned slightly.

"He wouldn't hurt me. He just left for New Jersey. He's in a really famous band and is touring the U.S right now." I explained to her as her eyebrows flew up again.

"Wait, so you've befriended an international super star?"

"Precisely." I answered with a straight face. Her gaze in me made me shift uncomfortably in my seat.

She just kept her eyebrow raised at me and said nothing. The silence in the room was killing me as a million thoughts ran through my brain.

"Is he cute?"

I groaned and threw my head back.

"Mooooom."

"What? It's just a question!" She defended before I rolled my eyes.

"He's not ugly."

"So he's cute?"

I hesitated before nodding slightly.