Jenna

The wind blew gently in my room and I could feel the sun shining on my face as I woke up from an actually quite decent slumber.

But then it hit me; the french doors are open.

I ripped the comforter off of me and sprinted out of the room and into the kitchen where I could hear pots and pans clanging together. I stopped in the doorway and looked at the Asian man standing in front of my dishwasher with all of my cupboards open. He hummed to some song he blared through a blue speaker he must've brought with him, not even noticing my presence.

"Baby, you light up my world li- oh hey. Nice of you to finally wake up."

"What the hell are you doing?"

"Putting dishes away. You looked so peaceful so I decided to let you sleep while I did th-"

"No! I mean, why are you in my house?"

He stared at me for a second before placing the mug in his hand down on the counter. "Well, you have giant ass bruises on your face and I'm a nosey motherfucker. So I want to know what's going on, and also Parker got mad at me and I want to throat punch his face in."

I didn't realize that I had no foundation on until now, which instantly made me nervous. The only person who knows and believes me is Naomi, but now he's standing in my kitchen staring at me.

"It was a-" think fast Jenna! "It was an accident."

He raised his eyebrows and but his hand on his hip. "Honey, that was no accident."

"Okay listen here, 'honey'. I need you to get the fuck out of my house before my fiancé comes home and beats your face in."

His eyes widened before he picked his hands up in defense before slowly backing away from me and toward the blue speaker.

"I guess I should be going now, but I hope you get some help. I know he's hurting you. You don't deserve that." He said seriously before heading toward my room and out the doors he came in.

I stared at the doors before I could hear loud footsteps coming toward the front door. I swallowed hard and waited for Tyler to come beat the shit out of me for no reason.

But the door was opened and shut gently and in came Naomi, her Coach purse swinging on her side as she brushed her hair out of her face.

"You almost read- Jenna, why aren't you ready? We're going to the police station."

I looked at her and fear flashed across her blue eyes as she took another look at my face. Purple bruises adorned my cheeks and a huge line across my face. What a beautiful sight of a broken human.

"S-sorry, I got distracted. I also woke up late."

Her eyes followed me as I made my way to my dresser to get clothes. Today I would finally be free, so I better look decent.

"It's okay, I'm not mad. Just take your time and we'll get going whenever, just as long as we're out before Satan gets here."

I nodded in response before making my way to the bathroom to shower. I shut the door behind me and looked at my face in the mirror.

The mark would definitely leave a scar but the bruises should go away soon. This foundation is now my best friend.

I stripped from my pajamas and got into the warm water of the shower and washed off my body and hair before getting out. I put my outfit on and let my hair air dry as I slipped on some shoes.

Naomi looked up from her phone and smiled at me before twirling her keys around her finger as I grabbed mine and the suitcase I'd packed earlier. It had everything I need incase the police don't get Tyler before expected and I basically have to go into hiding.

Hopefully, that's not the case.

I shut the door behind me and locked it before we got on the elevator and set out for the lobby.

"Nervous?" She asked me while leaning against the railing.

"No, not really. Just... over it."

She stood up straight before her face turned serious again. "Are you going to tel your family?"

"Yeah, they're going to see the marks and realize that I wasn't overreacting. They need to know the truth, even if they don't believe me."

Naomi flashed a sad, yet supportive smile at me as the elevator doors opened into the lobby. We both exited out of the revolving doors and into the busier streets. Naomi unlocked her smaller car and we both hopped in before she turned on the radio to clear any tension.

As she drove through the small town, all of the memories flooded through my head from before the accident-er, incident. I was so unhappy, even before I realized my entire happy fantasy was a fucking dream. I'm so unhappy with Tyler, it's unhealthy. I'm so unhappy with life that I almost don't want to live it anymore.

The road seemed like it went on forever until the car finally slowed down outside of the small police station right outside of town. Naomi parked the car and took the keys out of the ignition before looking at me. Her eyes did most of the talking before I just nodded and opened the door.

I opened the door to meet the cool air of the police station as Naomi followed close behind me. With shaking hands, I approached the front desk to see an older man with a badge, typing away at a computer before he looked up at me. His eyes widened slightly once he saw my face, but his eyebrows furrowed shortly after.

"How can I help you today, ma'am."

Suddenly, no words came out of my mouth. My eyes started watering, but no words came past my lips. The room felt like it was spinning and I searched Naomi's face for help.

"Yes, my friend here has been a victim of abuse from her Fiancé for several years. Out of fear, she hasn't reported it until now."

The man looked at us before standing up and leading us to the private room where he brought in another officer and made me talk about the entire situation.

"When did it start?"

"Soon after we graduated high school. It was just verbal insults here and there but then he started to hurt me physically."

"Did you ever try to leave?"

"Yes, he begged me to come back and I always came back. I recently jumped off of my balcony, trying to escape but it only ended in a near-death experience in return."

The officer scribbled things down on a notepad before asking me his name. I answered immediately with his name, birthdate, and where he worked.

"Ma'am, we're going to send out Deputy Johnson to go get him now. He will be arrested with charges of physical and verbal abuse. This man will cause you harm no more."

A strange feeling erupted in my stomach, whether it was joy or settlement, it felt good. It felt good to finally know that I'm going to be safe.

Now to get my family to actually believe me.

|||||||

[WHATS GOOD MY HOES

It's finally summer and I'm already bored but hey,

I'm free from school :')

Anyway, this took forever again but I'm already somewhat ahead on the next chapter so stick with me cause I'm not leaving for a while

K? K.

Xx-ashley]