Jenna

Everyone eventually left and I was left alone watching some stupid soap opera while eating real food for the first time in a while.

Honestly, I want to stay here as long as possible. Going back home is going to be a legitimate nightmare with Tyler. Just the way he looked back at me made me feel uneasy. It's almost like he's plotting revenge of some sort.

I don't know how much longer I can do this.

I lay my head back on the still hospital pillow and take a deep breath while closing my eyes. My anxiety is building each moment I think further about Tyler and what's up his sleeve.

I would expect nothing less than a beating when I arrive home. He'll probably hit me a few times then drag me by my hair to the stairs before kicking me to go up the stairs, all while yelling insults at me.

How the neighbors don't hear it, I don't know either.

But then I'll wake up the next morning in an empty bed, get ready and cover up the many bruises, and go to work.

Wait, that's another thing, I didn't have any bruises when I was in my dream world with Ashton.

"Katie is going to see this band, 5 Seconds of Summer. She thinks you'd like them so she told me to recommend them to you." Joan said quietly as I wrapped hee hair in perm rods.

Later that night, I pulled out my laptop and searched the band name and I found quite a few music videos. I listened to them and the one with the sand brown hair and hazel eyes caught my eyes the most.

Ashton Irwin, 21 years old, drummer of 5 Seconds of Summer.

I reopened my eyes and realized that's how my whole coma dream came to be. From watching the videos days before my incident.

That's how Ashton was put into it. That's how everyone was put into it.

I sighed and ran my hand through my hair and looked down into my lap. I should've just taken the pain. It was less than they heartbreak that fills my chest.

I've already forgotten half of the events that happened when I was out. I only remember meeting Ashton and when he said 'I love you' for the first time.

Everything felt so real. I felt loved and safe. No one could hurt me while I was with Ashton.

Now I'm alone.

I looked around the room and saw mostly white. White chairs, white ceiling, white floor, white bed-sheets. Everything was white and I hate it.

There was three quiet knocks at the door before the doctor came in with his clipboard in hand. "Jenna, how ya feelin'?"

At that I stared at him for a few seconds before shrugging. Other than the fact that my so-called fiancé abuses me daily and now I'm in a ducking hospital, I'm just dandy.

"Well, I've talked to your parents and they agree with me when I suggest that you go and see a therapist daily after we let you go." He told me with a weak smile, taking a seat in the chair beside me. "We think you should talk about the situation that has occurred so that you can carry on life normally."

I rolled my eyes and sighed. "Listen, no one believes me when I try and tell the truth. What's the point of going to a shrink if they're not going to believe me either?"

"Jenna it's for your own good. Things will get better, I promise you that."

I roll my eyes again and scoff. As if these people know what went through my head through my coma.

"Yeah, okay. When are you letting me out of here for sure?"

He clicked his pen and checked a few monitors before looking back up at me. "Tomorrow, probably."