Ashton

Fuck you, Ashton Irwin.

That's the only thing I could hear as my knuckles turned white on the steering wheel. I didn't turn around to go to the bus and I don't know where I'm going now.

"Ashton, pull into that parking lot. We need to talk." Jaycee said quietly.

"No. I refuse to talk to you anymore than I have to."

She huffed and rolled her eyes.

"Just turn into the fucking parking lot!"

I rolled my eyes before pulling into the parking lot and stopping.

"Okay, I know you probably don't like me very much right now-"

"Ya got that right."

"Do you really think I want to do this either? Do you really think I want to fake date you, because I don't."

"Wow, how heartbreaking. We're leaving." I deadpanned before putting the car in reverse.

"Get your hand of the shifter before I cut your fucking arm off."

I put the car back in park and looked at her with a blank expression. She looked pissed, but I don't even give a fuck.

"Listen, I need the money for this, okay? I don't want to date you, but I need to do my job."

"You ruined everything. You ruined my chance with Jenna and now my mates don't even want to talk to me."

She sighed before nodding, "I know, and I'm sorry. I'll tell them everything, but Jenna still can't know. I'm sorry."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know, don't remind me."

"Ashton, I really am sorry. After these next weeks, I wish you the best with Jenna. You guys would be unbelievably cute together."

The thought of me and Jenna together brings a small smile to my face. But the situation I'm in wipes it away immediately.

"Thanks." I spit before putting the car in reverse and flooring it out of the lot.

I just want to go back to the bus and listen to music until we have to go to sound check. I want to be in a good mood for sound check and meet and greets.

As we pulled in next to the bus, a feeling of sadness washed over me. I'm going to have to go in there and not be able to explain anything to Jenna.

Jaycee and I said nothing else to each other as we walked to the bus beside each other.

As I reached for the handle, there was a gentle push as I opened it. Jenna stood on the steps with a shocked expression and semi-dry hair.

She said nothing to me, but gave short answers to Jaycee as she ventured out to a van. She's going to the venue, probably to get away from me.

"Hey, Ashton. Jenna bought us shirts!" Michael came up to me and smiled before looking at Jaycee with a hint of disappointment.

"Yeah. She got me one too."

"Sweet." He replied quietly before walking away into the bunk area.

"Do you want to get them together and tell them? I think we ought to do it now." Jaycee suggested quietly.

I nodded before heading toward the laundry room where I head Luke and Calum screaming the lyrics to '21 Guns' as they folded laundry.

"Hey, can you guys come to the couches? I gotta talk about some stuff."

Luke glared at me for a second before turning away completely but Calum nodded before putting the pants that he was folding down. Luke followed us as I got Michael out of his bunk. They all sat and stared at Jaycee and I with confusion.