2: Choke Me

ADELINA POV

https://64.media.tumblr.com/fda8460844c3e9722c0489f7cc229b70/tumblr_mwh5wtEfSq1so28hho1_500.gif.

It was the strangest thing to see the masquerade party up close, the strangest thing was conversing with the scooby gang to plot Katherine Pierce's demise and not fainting during the interaction

I had no idea if Stefan had told Damon or anyone else about the party he walked in on shortly after I woke up, hopefully none of them would worry or be concerned for me--though I doubt it when they had doppelgangers to focus on. I did mean it when I said I was testing something; I was testing my power. I was a Heretic, my power--although having some limits--did surpass the typical Witch and the regular Vampire. I was mastering compulsion, going through the odd spell my mind assaulted me to remember during the agony of my earlier headache. I think I was doing pretty well, the only problem being the whooshing around without crashing into the odd barrier. I could get past that though, at least it wasn't my bloodlust messing me up...

I stood in the corner of the party, sipping on cranberry juice and watching the evening unfold. I didn't want to intervene too much, knowing Damon would have the moonstone between Katherine passing out and being trapped in a tomb. Lucy would clear her debt to the ancient vampire, and Elena would survive the night mostly unharmed. There wasn't really much I could do here, my main focus being on the kidnapping at the end of the night--

"Nice dress, sorellina." (Little Sister) The deep voice that paused next to me forced my spine to freeze, my mind clouded by standing beside the body of Ian Somerhalder rather than how I understood the Italian he spoke to me. I suppose I was grateful the language was branded across my brain during my earlier headache rather than me struggling to learn it over who knows how many years.

"I thank you, fratello maggiore." (Older Brother) I stepped closer to him, concentrating on a silencing spell so we could talk without prying ears. "I'm actually glad I ran into you,'' I motioned around us, glad he understood the privacy I'd created for us. "Ric was supposed to keep Elena at home, right?"

He frowned, "Yeah, why?"

"I'm pretty sure I've seen two doppelgangers at tonight's party--maybe you should check in with him," his eyes widened in panic, my arm gripping his before he could escape our limited privacy completely.

"What?"

"If you come across the moonstone, give it to me--" I held up a hand, pausing his interruption. "Katherine's desperate for it, that makes it important. It would be silly to throw it in the tomb with her, especially if we need it later on, 'cause then we'd have to bargain with her to get it back. Besides, I'm the older Witch. Shouldn't it be my responsibility? Isn't my knowledge why you and Stefan called me here in the first place, right?"