10: A Moment Of Peace...

https://i.gifer.com/KQKx.gif.

THE NEXT DAY

THE NEXT DAY

I was surprised to still have skin on my bottom lip considering I'd been chewing on it for at least fifteen minutes at this point, mind scared that my reason for being at the Grill was too forward of me and might just end up being ignored. I'd managed to finally escape the smother. Damon's prodding for my master plan of going after Klaus while Stefan comforted Elena's increasing nerves was grating against my patience, the trio leaving me with no option other than to 'lock myself up' while I secretly snuck out of my bedroom window. I hoped it would gain me at least a couple of hours of peace, and rather than spending it alone I may have text a particular Original vampire to join me.

Ergo, I was sitting in the Grill and terrified that he'd stood me up.

The ice in my glass had ceased its clinking, signaling my need to order another drink without having to look down. My spine straightened in the bars direction, open mouth prepared to call for my order when a cold body filled the space beside me-- "Two of whatever this fine lady was drinking, please." A hefty tip joined the meager amount to my double order, my eyes widening when I actually allowed them to meet Elijah's.

"Wow," I found my lip being nibbled once again. "Jeans and a T-shirt? You certainly know how to make a girl feel special by letting her see you so dressed down, Mr. Mikaelson." I couldn't stop my gaze from wandering, eyes determined to burn the tight-fitting clothes off of him just through sight alone.

He was beyond amused when I eventually reached his face, "I apologize for my delay, Adelina, but I thought it best to dress for the occasion when you asked for a meeting here. And as you may already know, I don't own a lot of casual clothes."

"Oh no worries," I forced my smile to remain calm, though I knew he could probably hear the heavy thuds of my heart while my brain considered the fact he'd gone out of his way to dress down for me. He'd bought casual clothes purely because I suggested a casual setting, a need to lay low and hide away from all of the bad stuff going on. I was probably looking too much into it, but it genuinely took everything in me not to squeal from hope. "You wanna grab a booth? Chat for a bit before we order?"

"Of course," he picked up both glasses before I could reach out, motioning for me to take the lead and select our table. After finding a private corner, the pair of us settled against the plush leather. "So, besides a need for some calm before the upcoming full moon, is there any particular reason you wished for me to join you today?"

"I enjoy your company?" I hate that my nerves made me shrug, made me seem like I didn't know my own mind-- "Well, that and I wanted to talk more. I really enjoyed learning more about you at the school dance, and I thought it would help me keep calm and actually have a bit of fun if we tried that again--I-if you wanted to, I mean."

His lips quirked upward, "I'd love to, Adelina."