13: Misery Guts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH476CxJxfg.

com/watch?v=gH476CxJxfg

A WEEK LATER

"Finally, I thought you'd forgotten about me," Katherine groaned, forcing her desiccating body to unfurl in the tomb exit.

"Who could forget about you(?)" I dropped my bag, "It's incredibly hard when I have to live with your human copy." My mutter encouraged my setting up of the right power links and strengtheners.

Hope shone in her eyes for a split second before she quickly buried it, trying her hardest to muster up some snark in her weak state. "Is this it then, am I finally being released from my cage?"

"Yes. Klaus has left town so you can come out, you even have the option of staying here or escaping to all ends of the Earth to hide from him."

"Pfft, are you kidding me(?) I'm not sticking around this dump," she made it obvious while eyeing the blood bags I had brought for her. "The first chance I get, I'll be nothing but a memory around here--" I shushed her so I could begin the ritual, needing all the focus I could manage in my raw state...

While I truly have tried my hardest to not be miserable, everyone could read me like a book. I was devastated and confused and hurt by Elijah's rejection, and even with my anticipation of his anger for lying to him, I didn't really consider him staying mad--nor me being this affected by the distance he'd put between us now. Both physically and emotionally.

'My spark had faded', according to Damon. 'The light in my eyes was dimmed', so Stefan says. The only other person who knew me enough to notice the difference was Elijah himself, and he isn't here to see the supposed change, not that he'd really care if he was--

I shook off the low mood threatening to ensnare my heart and destroy my focus all over again, straightening my spine so a whoosh of my energy could light the few candles at my feet. "Phasmatos Salves Nas Ex Malon, Terra Mora Vantis Quo Incandis, Et Vasa Quo Ero Signos. Phasmatos Salves Nas Ex Malon, Terra Mora Vantis Quo Incandis, Et Vasa Quo Ero Signos. Phasmatos Salves Nas Ex Malon, Terra Mora Vantis Quo Incandis, Et Vasa Quo Ero Signos!"

A flare of heat tickled my ankles before I dared glance back in Katherines direction. Her expression was doubtful before she placed her hand in front of her, and ever so slowly moved it forward to check if the invisible barrier was still there. It wasn't. Her grin over being free lasted less than a minute before what little strength she had left propelled her towards my blood bags in a blur, she ripped them open viciously.

"I'm not even disappointed that this isn't fresh," she gulped down some oxygen after finishing all three bags.

"So where to now?" I crouched down, silencing the small fires with a puff of air and packing away all I'd brought with me--empty blood bags included.