3: Alliegences

https://media1.tenor.com/images/c46b13e3d61d6c8fc0c40446dec788b2/tenor.gif?itemid=12536255.

A COUPLE OF DAYS LATER

I was grateful my imagination or impossible circumstances had placed me as the Salvatores sister, a sibling they equally seemed to trust and require the guidance of. That made everything so much easier. When returning home and after Elena was safely tucked in bed, I started spinning my tale. I was honest about a ritual existing where Elena would need to die, sticking with the Sun and the Moon curse as Elijah could be the one to reveal the actual death sentence to Elena when he felt ready. I explained seeing Elena kidnapped and tracking her myself. They were confused why I didn't involve them, I explained it away by describing their emotional attachment to her as something irrational that I didn't need on the rescue mission.

Rose hadn't shown up, so I was clueless on whether Elijah killed both to tie up loose ends, followed the show's portrayal, or maybe he just left them both and they decided on running as far from America as possible--desperate to avoid crossing his path and testing their luck further. Either way I was grateful. Grateful that her absence didn't lead to Slater's death, nor the Vamps that were ordered to capture Elena at Slater's apartment. The only downside was no-one but myself now knew about Elijah, and I had no clue as to whether that was aiding or hindering plot stuff.

I suppose that concern planted me where I was today.

I was visiting the apartment of the Martin witches after learning of a certain Bennett and baby Gilbert stumbling across Luca during his first day at Mystic Falls High. I knew this day was inevitable, knew I'd have to track down and spill my guts to Elijah eventually. Fingers crossed he thinks my words are worthy of me still breathing--well, breathing as much as you need to when you're half of the undead. The wooden door swung open, Jonas scrutinizing my appearance before stepping aside. I was shocked, staring around the cramped space with wide eyes as I entered. "He's been expecting you," was all he shared before grabbing a jacket and leaving me alone.

"Miss. Salvatore," I gulped with the smoothe voice exiting a side room. Hmm, I never expected the trio to actually be room-mates, I just assumed Elijah visited from fancy digs rather than living with the Martins on the show.

"Elijah..."

A small smile twitched the corner of his lips, "I'm glad to see I didn't have to seek you out," now why the heck did something like that end up making me blush?!

"Promised you. Should we talk?" My hands were sweating, and I was afraid that if he didn't offer me a seat so I could remove my coat, then that sweat would spread and he'd be able to smell my nerves past my perfume--Soooo not attractive.

"Please." He motioned toward the small table and chairs, my mouth struggling to hold back a breath of relief as I followed the directions and got comfortable.