12: Apologies

https://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdwy0pvjxR1ruj5cmo1_500.gif.

A COUPLE OF DAYS LATER

I'd been tailing Klaus for two days, maneuvering him from a safe distance through my magic so he simply enjoyed the wild freedom of nature instead of leaving a trail of bodies in his wake. I checked on the Boarding House whenever he rested, laying down a charm to alert me the second he was active in case he stumbled across any humans his 'animal instincts' wished to tear to shreds. Everyone at home seemed to both be angry and not angry with me, a small majority even believing me to be dead after Klaus saw I no-longer had any use. Yet, while there is a stronger emotion of them all being annoyed to be trapped under the same roof with one-another, Elijah's disappointment hit me in waves whenever I checked.

It hurt to know he'd lost trust in me, to think he might even hate me for what I did--for lying to him and working behind his back. I know I'd have to truly face it when a 'human' Klaus awakes and I could call on my final favor. I just hoped that favor was enough to make him forgive me...

"--Cover up!" I called from my hiding place behind a tree, throwing Klaus some clothes that would hopefully fit and scrunching my eyes shut in case I saw anything I didn't want to.

"That was amazing," he whispered into the air, a rustle of leaves and foliage indicating he was attempting to stand and hopefully dress himself. "How long has it been?"

"Just over two days. The full moon came and went, and you remained a wolf."

"I can change at will, then. That's good to know..."

There was more ruffling before the clink of a belt buckle gave me the confidence to open my eyes and face him. "Wonderful(!)" His mirth only grew with my sarcasm, "Now that you've had your fun, I believe I was promised a final favor."

"That's right." He chuckled while pulling on his shoes, "Now, what was it again?"

"I want the coffins that hold your family."

All the humor left his eyes, "What?"

"The coffins. I wish to make amends with your brother, and free them of your idiotic punishments. Now tell me where the coffins are," I tried to keep my voice stern, build my bravado so a cruel smile wouldn't knock it all down.

He sighed while tugging on his coat, "I apologize, but that is one thing I cannot give you, love--"

"Tough," I twisted my hand and he fell to the ground in pain, screaming out. "I still have enough power to make your new hybrid life very painful, Klaus. I also know how to find a white oak stake, the one thing that can truly kill an original--the one thing that can actually kill you. So," I struggled to stop my breath from wavering as I eased up his witchgrain. "I suggest you give me the location. And if you even try to go back on your promise of my favor, I could easily track down your father and reveal your interest in a particular doppelganger. Ruin all hope of you making more hybrids."