18: Not All Bad

https://data.whicdn.com/images/278213147/original.gif.

THE NEXT DAY

THE NEXT DAY

I hadn't really allowed myself the opportunity to relax and delight in the knowledge that my all time biggest TV crush returned my feelings. I didn't even go back to the Boarding House after saying goodnight to Elijah, my first stop being to drive miles out of town at the dead of night to follow a paper map. Mikael's crypt route had kindly been pointed out by Abby Bennett when I suggested placing it on a higher form of lockdown only I could access should anyone wish to wake the man, rendering the reason she lost so much of her magic in the first place useless.

She seemed to trust me enough not to screw it up, so I simply sealed it with the same spell that trapped everyone during Klaus' Ritual before falling into my bed just before sunrise.

That late night encouraged me to roll out of bed around noon, saving me from the morning's madness of everyone discovering Elena's deal with Esther to kill her children. I snuck out before my 'brother's could learn Elena had been taken hostage, the Mikaelsons most likely assuming their connection was successful seeing as they were clueless to my interference. I had a lot to do today, and as excited as I wanted to be about the progression of Elijah and I's relationship, I knew any form of celebration had to be put on the backburner for now.

Yet before I could run to the old witch burning sight and ensure a trap for Esther, a text from Bonnie directed me to The Grill;

'Need to speak with you ASAP! Meet at the grill in an hour?'

I was sipping a lemonade at the bar before I responded;

'Here.'

I'd nearly emptied my glass when past scheming proved itself to be a success with the appearance of a familiar red-head. Three months ago, I'd sent ripples through the supernatural community, a rumor about the Mikaelson family that only those who knew them would care to pay attention to. Any supernatural interested in the Originals would learn that they had chosen to visit 'Mystic Falls' and all family members were present. Sage took the bait, aiming for an empty stool further down from me to order a shot of amber liquid.

"Hello, Sage." Besides her spine straightening, she gave no indication she'd heard me, "My name is Adelina Salvatore, I believe you're familiar with my brother: Damon?"

"Right, he spoke highly of the sister always on her travels," she matched my volume, too low for any stray human to pick up on even a glint of our conversation.

"I'm guessing you're in town hoping to run into your sire?"

She paused in lifting her drink to her lips, "What do you know of my sire?" Her words were a hiss, a warning I'd trampled over a touchy subject.