7: Power

https://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/25800000/Morgana-merlin-on-bbc-25838770-300-188.gif.

A COUPLE OF DAYS LATER

After finally taking a day to rest and build up my confidence, I found myself staring up at the old witch house with a knot in the pit of my stomach. If my timing was right, then John's meddling should place Isobel on Elena's doorstep this evening--a mere twelve hours offered to me to gain the massacre's power and fiddle with the plot line so less death, murder, and misery was generated. Jenna should hopefully remain in the dark on all the supernatural business bubbling in town, a tweak I needed to change as soon as I was granted enough strength...

I was grateful to receive a warmer welcome than Damon did on the show, my nature as a heretic not deterring the witches from guiding me to where I was needed as they viewed my intentions as good, possibly pure. I listened in on their whispers, my legs feeling a bit numb when I stopped in the basement's center, surrounding candles flickering on before the quiet voices in my head started to shout. Grip tightening on the Grimour Mr. Martin had gifted me.

I flinched with the onslaught, overlapping cries of pain and agony--some worried I wasn't good enough, would only use and abuse their power for selfish reasons that would cause more harm than good. My cheeks felt wet, and only then did I realize I was crying with the sound of younger voices. Boys and girls much younger than me have suffered here, and yet they were still willing to place their trust in me because of the things I knew, the plans I had mapped out that they could all view clearly in my mind.

The room grew hotter, my fists clenching and unclenching as more pain and fear washed over me, drowning me, pulsing through my veins and pushing agonized screams past my lips. I didn't feel like I was falling until the ground stabbed my knees. It barely even registered, the raw hellfire that still burned through me forcing my voice to go hoarse--

A cold touch held my head up, successfully stopping me from face planting the dusty floorboards below. My jaw clenched as the waves of pain became more and more subdued, senses shaking off their fatigue when a distant panic finally broke through-- "Adelina! Adelina please, are you okay?!" I slumped forward, "Lina!" The masculine presence supported my weight. When I finally found the strength to open my eyes, Elijah's shoulders sagged with relief, "Are you okay?"

My body swayed, mouth somehow propping up a smile... "You gave me a nickname." It hurt to speak, but that bubbling excitement in the pit of my stomach quickly squashed the scratch of my own words in my throat. Elijah Mikaelson had given me a nickname--ME! He was fond enough of me to lose a bit of the formality between us. Lose the formality and rush to my 'rescue' when he heard I was in pain--Wait, how did he even know I'd be here? I reluctantly pushed at his hold, gaining enough strength to sit up. "Did you follow me here?" His worry shrank into a guilty expression, a flicker of annoyance managed to stomp down any remaining pain. "I get that I'm still a stranger to you, Elijah, but you've got to know that you can trust me by now."