8: Dances & Deception

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/AgreeableEmbellishedGrouse-max-1mb.gif.

THE NEXT DAY

THE NEXT DAY

I was surprised by how little the consequences of my actions affected me.

After exposing the supernatural horrors of the world to Jenna, and removing Liz's compulsion so she remembered her daughter and a few other town members were vampires, the worst I faced was judgmental looks from Stefan after Elena cried to him about me taking charge. She was extremely distressed, terrified that Jenna's actions of locking herself in her room and ignoring their calls or pleas meant she'd never trust them again. I rolled my eyes at the dramatics.

Sure, Jenna certainly felt a little betrayed when she learned her boyfriend, niece and nephew had all been lying to her, but she also had enough common sense to understand that even she wouldn't believe herself if she tried to preach the existence of vampires, witches, and werewolves. That and I'm sure it took an awful lot of mental strength to grasp the idea that her boyfriend's ex-wife/her niece's birth-mother was now an evil vampire rather than six-feet-under. So, she hid away in shock, like any sane person would.

Liz, on the other hand, just needed the fog of pain to clear from me erasing previous compulsion. She, also, was shocked by the news pouring itself back into her brain. Yet as soon as I reunited her with Caroline, she completely understood her daughter only altered her memories to protect her. I was glad their relationship skipped the tumultuous ending to season 2. They now trusted one another, there were no more secrets, and Matt's discovery of the supernatural wouldn't push Liz to accidentally shoot Jeremy. There weren't really consequences to this decision, Caroline merely trying to crush my bones with her hug of gratitude...

I folded my legs beneath my body on the couch, glancing around the room in boredom until the entrance of a familiar red-head trailing behind everyones favorite brunette straightened my spine. I was impressed by how quickly Jenna had adjusted. Considering Elena was distraught before she left for school that the woman would never talk to her again, it seemed that the two had cleared the air enough on the drive over to join our meeting about taking down the 'mighty threat' that was Klaus Mikaelson. Huh, I suppose family members being threatened was enough motivation to speed up anyone putting water under the bridge--

"So we go to the dance, we find him," Damon's shrug was casual once Elena's description of Klaus' threat had finished.

"Really, how are we going to do that?" Stefan frowned, brooding mode activated. "We don't even know what he looks like."

The eldest Salvatore's eyes rolled, "Something tells me he's not going to be sixteen and pimply(!)"

"Isn't that the whole point of working with Elijah?" I pointed out, not missing Damon's shoulders tensing. "I mean, he's known the guy for his whole life. It'd be stupid to go into this without asking for his company--his help--"