11: Betreyal

https://c.tenor.com/uDQG54oGI0gAAAAC/katie-mcgrath.gif.

A COUPLE OF DAYS LATER

I knew I was fidgeting, stressed about carrying out my future plot and concerned about how certain people may react to it. My leg hadn't stopped bouncing since I took my seat in the library, skin of my thumb slowly being gnawed until I found my hand moved away from my lips. My eyes trailed up a long figure, shoulders automatically relaxing when I met a rich brown. "Hey, Elijah." I couldn't help but smile through the greeting, "When did you get here?"

"Adelina," he nodded his own greeting, eyes filled with mirth over how distracted he found me. "I haven't been here long, but your brother said I would find you here."

My brows raised in question, "You were looking for me?"

"Well, I believed you wished to be present when I revealed the particulars of the Ritual to your friends and family. Joining us to 'keep the peace'."

"Oh, yeah." I stood in a rush, narrowly avoiding crashing straight into him. Only then did I realize how close he'd stood over me-- "Sorry," I winced.

"No need," he shook off the apology with a smile, "We've long been aware of your habit to fall all over me."

If I wasn't so stressed I swear I would have over thought that, my heart would have beat a thousand times faster over the mere possibility that Elijah was flirting with me right now. Instead I just blushed, scurrying around the man and silently waiting for him to start when I found everyone in the main foyer...

"Tonight is the full moon, meaning we should assume that Klaus is prepared to break the curse--"

"Adie said that the sun and the moon curse is fake? That it's actually just a curse placed on Klaus?" Stefan pipped up from his position beside Elena on one of the sofa's, the Martin's taking up the opposing seats.

"That is correct," Elijah nodded. "Klaus is a vampire born of a werewolf bloodline. The curse has kept his werewolf aspect from manifesting, but if he breaks it then he'll be a true hybrid."

"Then why are we letting him break the curse?" Damon frowned from his sulking corner. "We can--" My clenched first silenced the rest of my 'brother's argument.

I took a breath and smiled up at the Original's position in front of the fireplace, "Please continue, Elijah."

I didn't miss the amusement that lit his features-- "Well, the ritual itself is relatively straightforward. The ingredients, so to speak, you already know. A witch will channel the power of the full moon to release the spell that's bound within the stone. After that, Klaus--being both werewolf and vampire--will sacrifice one of each."

"And where do I fit in?" Elena frowned.

"The final part of the ritual. Klaus must drink the blood of the doppelganger," Elijah produced a dusty old box--the show's portrayal of his 'magical' elixir. "To the point of your death."