15: Family Meeting

https://i.imgur.com/6IFxxKB.gif.

"Klaus, what a pleasant surprise," I grinned back

"Klaus, what a pleasant surprise," I grinned back. "Are you done creating your happy hybrid army now?" I walked toward the drinks table to pour myself something strong enough to put me to sleep.

"Of course, love. I even have blood to spare, so there's no need for a refill." His eyebrows wagged during the approach, my newly made glass of bourbon stolen from my grasp, I rolled my eyes at him.

"Damon, where's Stefan and Elena?" I glanced back at my brother, the younger vampire watching our interaction with a confused amusement.

"Date night! Trying so hard to ignite the spark in their relationship that fizzled out not so long ago," Damon smirked before whooshing to steal my other glass I'd just finished pouring.

"I wonder who's fault that is(?!)" I huffed out a grunt at the seemingly 'immortal enemies' teaming up just to irritate me, moving away from my failure and resting against the arm of the nearest sofa. I mean, did they have this planned before I got here or something? Damon's innocent 'I haven't done anything' look quickly fell away when he sipped his drink and his smirk begged to come back out and play.

"Anyway, I suspect Elijah will be home already(?)" I nodded in confirmation, "Excellent," he chuckled. "It seems, he couldn't keep away from you, could he?"

"I'm the reason he left, Klaus. He's only back so he can awaken his family with you--nothing more."

"If you say so, love," he held his hands up in defense, eyes twinkling with mirth beneath my irritated glare. "Either way," he drained the rest of his glass, "I'm in the process of setting up residence just out of town for the awakening, and I wanted to stop by to enquire on the timeframe you hope to finish this." Although he tried his hardest to hide it, I didn't miss the wave of nerves that made his posture go rigid. The fear of his family finally facing him was almost enough to send him running with his tail between his legs.

I hummed in thought, "Will next week work for you?"

His exhale seemed to be filled with relief, "Next week is perfect." He pulled his phone from his back pocket, "Be at this address in seven days, come at 6pm sharp. We can make a dinner of it."

The beeping of my phone made me frown, pulling the device from my pocket proving an unknown number had texted me with a location attached. "How the hell did you get my number?"

"I have my ways," his careless shrug didn't dim his grin. "I'll see you next week, love," his steps stopped in front of me, hand reaching for mine so he could lay a kiss across my knuckles, "It's been a pleasure, as always."

With barely a glance at Damon he vanished. I rolled my eyes at his antics, glaring at my siblings chuckle-- "Don't you start!"

His hands raised in a defensive manner, "I didn't say anything," he smirked. My body fell onto the couch, head meeting the back with a soft thump, tiredness forcing the day's events to successfully put me to sleep.