Chapter 8

Elijah had called me and told me to meet him at a shopping center where many stores and restaurants were located. I was about to walk out the house when something grabbed my arm.

"Where are you going?" A voice asked from behind me.

I turn, rolling my eyes, "Don't worry about me. It'll only piss me off more, Brother."

When I turned, I was greeted with Basil rolling his eyes as he asked again but more forcefully, "Where, Alexandria?"

"Out," I stated, raising my eyebrows and snatching my arm away. I started walking out again but he grabbed the same arm.

"What do you want, Basil?" I asked through gritted teeth as I slowly turned back, glaring at him viciously.

His eyes were narrowed but they softened, then they hardened, "Be careful, Alexandria. Don't trust Elijah. I mean it."

"And I mean it when I say to quit worrying about me," I snapped, glaring at him even harder.

"I am your brother, Alexandria. I will never stop worrying about you," Basil said. He sighed as he let his guard down. I wasn't about to follow him.

"Well, maybe you should," I snarled at Basil before walking out the front door.

As I walked down the steps, I heard Basil sigh. Whatever. It was his fault in the first place. I shook my head and got into my car, driving to the address Elijah made me write down. Elijah thinks I would have forgotten it. Well, I did so Google Maps came in handy.

I finally found the place and parked. I got out the car and dialed Elijah's number.

"Where the hell are you, Lijah?" I asked as he answered the phone.

"Here," He stated before the line went dead. I turn and sighed. He was behind me.

I rolled my eyes before sighing, "I hate when you do that."

He grins before shrugging, "It saves time."

Again, I roll my eyes.

"Why are you in a bad mood?" Elijah asks with raised eyebrows.

I sighed, running my hands through my hair and spoke one word, "Basil."

"Ah. Still doesn't trust me?" He asks, lips forming a straight, thin line.

I nod my head silently and he frowns, "Bad habits die hard. I understand why he doesn't trust me. It is smart, actually."

I narrow my eyes at him and place my hand on my hip, "Are you implying that I am stupid, Lijah?"

"Of course not, Alexandria. You are anything but stupid," Elijah said quickly, a small smile plastered on his lips.

I gasp, "So I am selfish, vain, impulsive, egotistical--"

He cuts me off, "I will not lie. You sometimes can be."

I gape at him in awe and he chuckles. I punched his arm playfully and he gasps in fake pain, "Ow! Alexandria, that is not very ladylike!"

I laughed and shook my head.

He offers his arm, "Shall we?"

"Lijah, always the gentleman," I said smiling as I took his arm while we walked around.

"It is what I am known for; The Noble Gentleman of the Mikaelsons," He said, grinning at me.

We continued walking around, chatting like old times. I also bought myself a pretzel from a stand which was surprisingly good. Normally, they are so hard and taste disgusting but not this one! We came to a stop and I looked at him questionably. He nodded his head to a shop with many windows. I looked closely and saw Damon and Rose. They were seated with another vampire but I did not know him. I furrowed my eyebrows before realizing. UV protected glass.

"What are we doing here, Lijah?" I inquired, narrowing my eyes and tilting my head in confusion.

"You shall see, Alexandria," Elijah answered as he pulled out a hundred dollar bill.

I rolled my eyes. Originals and their riches. He tossed the bill in a man's guitar case in exchange for some coins.

"Oh, Lijah, you and your tricks," I said pleased before smirking at him.

He raised his eyebrows, "Listen."

I focused on their voices and listened to their conversation.

"Here's what I don't get. Elijah can move around in the day which means the Original people know the secret of the daylight ring. Now why would Klaus wanna lift the curse of the sun and the moon?" Damon inquired with furrowed eyebrows.

The vampire answers, "To keep the werewolves from lifting it. If a vampire breaks the sun curse, then the werewolves are stuck with the curse of the moon forever and vice versa."

"But werewolves are almost extinct," Rose points out.

The vampire nods his head, "True but never seen one. But rumor has it--"

"Not such a rumor," Damon says, cutting him off.

"Mystic Falls?" The vampire asks.

Damon nods his head with wide eyes and pursed lips.

"God, I've got to visit this place. It sounds awesome!" He exclaims, nodding his head.

Damon rolls his eyes, "Awesome doesn't even begin to describe it."

"Can we stop the curse from being broken at all?" Damon asks with raised eyebrows.

"What do you mean?" The vampire questions with furrowed eyebrows.

I stopped listening. Damon should really stop digging. He will not like what he will find. I look beside me towards Elijah. He was listening to them intently as he fiddled with the coins. A tint of mischief was in his brown eyes. Elijah turned to me with a slight smirk before tossing the coins like he was skipping stones. Suddenly, the glass shatters and screams erupt in the air. The vampires inside turn red under the sun. They scrambled to their feet and ran away, some not so lucky. Damon helped his vampire friends to safety. Thank God Rose is alright.

I turn to Elijah with a proud smirk, "I have always loved that little trick of yours."

He grins at me before proposing an idea, "We should stop by one of these restaurants and 'catch up' as people say nowadays."

"That we should. I am quite famished," I said, smirking slightly at the thought of food.

He raised an eyebrow and narrowed the other, "I mean real food, not blood."

I roll my eyes at him, "For us, real food is blood. You know I hate when people say stuff like that."

He nods slightly and I add on, "And I know what you meant, Lijah. Why must you think of me like that." I pretended to be hurt by his words.

"Because I know better, Alexandria," He said, rolling his eyes but there was a grin on his lips.

I softly clap, "Good job, Lijah. Gold star for you!" I smirk as he gives me the look.

Rolling my eyes, I move on, "Fine, fine. Now, where shall we dine?"

"I was thinking of a Thai place," Elijah comments, nodding his head as his eyebrows furrowed. That was his thinking face.

"Ooh! I agree. I have been having an obsession with Thai tea lately," I say excitedly, my eyes brightening at his words.

Elijah chuckled softly, "Alright then. Thai it is."

He offered me his arm once again and I grin, taking it.