Chapter 37

Kol and I had left my home, leaving Basil and Elise to do as they please. We walked up the steps of the Mikaelson mansion. Me, being the great friend that I am, was going to ask the rest of the Mikaelsons to see if they turned Arend. We walked inside and went straight to the living room where most of the family spends most of their time at home.

Inside was Niklaus who was painting abstract on an easel. He turned when he heard our footsteps. A grin appeared on his ruby lips, "Alexandria! I didn't expect you to come today!"

"Thanks for the acknowledgement, Nik," Kol said with a twinkle in his eyes as he threw himself onto the couch.

Niklaus grinned at Kol with the identical twinkle in his blueish green eyes, "Oh please, Kol, you know I save the best for last."

I rolled my eyes at their bromance and changed the subject, "Yes I wasn't planning on coming over today but I need to talk to you."

"What about?" Niklaus asks, turning back to his easel.

"Well, to start off, Basil has a girlfriend," I said with a smirk, wanting to see Nikki's reaction.

Nikki lowered his head and looked my way with a wicked grin, "Basil has a girlfriend?"

"Indeed. She is quite the treat," Kol said, grinning at Niklaus. 

I grabbed the nearest object and chucked it at Kol playfully. I heard Niklaus chuckle as Kol caught it with ease and smirked at me, "Aw, don't get jealous Exandria. You're still my love."

Again, I rolled my eyes and turned my attention to Klaus, "Yes, Nikki, he has a girlfriend. You say it as though the thought is alien."

"Well, I just cannot wait to see Rebekah's reaction. Maybe there will be a cat fight," Niklaus said, suggestively raising his eyebrows at Kol.

Kol nodded his head excitedly, "I hope so! Elise is quite the vampire, killing her sire."

"And that is why I am here. I want to know who turned her sire," I said, interfering with their conversation which was sidetracking. 

"Alexandria, I have turned many, many people in my long lifetime. I doubt I will remember every single person I have turned," Niklaus turned back to his painting.

I shrugged my shoulders, "From the way Elise described him, it seems like you would remember such a character."

Niklaus kept his eyes on his painting but waved his brush around as he said, "Go on. Give me the details."

After he spoke, I told him about Arend and all the bad things about him. Later on, he shook his head with a laugh, "You're right, I would remember such a person, but I don't. Seems like quite the lad."

"It's between Rebekah and Elijah then," I said with a sigh, sitting beside Kol.

We talked for a few more minutes before Kol decided to leave. He became quenched and needed a victim. Rebekah then walked inside and grinned when she saw me.

"Hey Bex," I said grinning back at her, then raised my eyebrows at the stake.

"What took you so long?" Niklaus asks, not turning to look at Rebekah.

"Alaric didn't want to hand over the stake." She says, showing us the white oak stake. "Luckily I'm quite the charmer. " 

Niklaus looks at it and asks, "That's it?"

Rebekah raises her eyebrows as she looks at the stake, "The last of the white oak stakes that can kill us. Do you want to do the honors or shall I?"