Chapter 41

Enjoy Rebekah and her bitchiness!

Rebekah was standing beside Elise and Basil's table. Kol and I joined her, standing beside Rebekah.

"Rebekah," Basil stated as his face fell when he looked at her.

"Basil, lovely to see you, as always," Rebekah smiled sweetly at him, her eyes flirting.

He awkwardly smiled before pleading to me through his eyes, "What are you doing here, guys?"

"We were having a lovely chat!" Kol said with a smile, as if nothing was wrong.

"Yes, then Rebekah noticed you and Basil," I said sending Elise a look, showing I felt bad.

Elise bit her lip before saying to Rebekah, "I don't believe we have met. My name is Elise." She offered to shake hands.

Rebekah ignored her extended arm and said, "Yes, well I have never heard of you, Elise."

"I have heard plenty about you, Rebekah Mikaelson," Elise said with a smirk.

"Oh really? Then you should know to stay away from my man," Rebekah growled but somehow managed to keep her voice silky.

I turned to her and gaped, somehow managing to keep my hand from slapping her cheek.

Basil narrowed his eyes at Rebekah, "You were the one who broke my heart in the 1700s, might I remind you."

"Rebekah, we would all appreciate it if you would not talk to Elise that way and leave," I said through gritted teeth.

She continued to glare at Elise before turning away, "Fine then. Let's go."

I did not move, "I am not going with you when act like an unfair bitch."

"Then how do you hang out with her twenty-four seven?" Kol asked with a smirk.

Elise laughed but coughed when Rebekah glared her way. Rebekah then disappeared.

As soon as she left, I apologized, "I am so sorry. I didn't know you would be in town--"

"It's okay! Don't worry about it. Rebekah doesn't scare me" Elise said with a grin.

"She should. The only white oak stake has been destroyed," Kol said but not in a rude way.

Basil and Elise looked shocked. "What do you mean?" Basil asked curiously.

"Well, I am not so sure now. Rebekah was possessed by Esther when she brought the stake back to Nikki. He burned it and is now dealing with the crew of high schoolers and their resurrected teacher," I said with a sigh. 

"Alaric is back?" Basil asked in revelation.

I nodded my head, "Something happened. I have a feeling it had to do with Bonnie, those damn witches."

Elise chuckled, "Such a small town but so much drama."

We all laughed and agreed. "Alright, well Kol and I will leave yo two back to your date!" I said with a smile.

"See you later," Basil and Elise said insync. Basil grinned at her while she rolled her eyes playfully.

Kol and I left them. On our way out, I called Nikki.

"Little busy at the high school fighting for my life! Call you later?" Nikki said before hanging up.

"Should we go help him?" I ask Kol, feeling slightly worried.

Kol grabbed my hand and shook his head, "Nik is a big boy. He can fight for himself."

I sighed, "Are you sure? Alaric could have the white oak stake."