Chapter 9

After the Thai food, I went home. It was about to be 8:00 when Elijah called me again. He said he would pick me up from my house so I waited on the seat near the front door.

"Who are you waiting for?" Basil asks as he walks down the stairs.

I laid my head in my hand and spoke as if it were nothing, "Lijah."

"No you are not!" Basil shouts as he stood before me.

I rolled my eyes, "Yes, I am, Basil. Try and stop me."

Basil was about to step forward but when I raised my eyebrows at him, he didn't take a step.

He sighed in defeat, "Damon told me he and Rose were attacked by Elijah. He hurt Rose, your friend. They said they saw a figure beside Elijah so I naturally thought it was you."

I stood and narrowed my eyes at him, "Yes, I was there! I was with him, Basil! I knew he would not kill Rose. In fact, I made sure of it."

"You are working with him," Basil stated, shock apparent in his eyes.

I shook my head, "I am not. I am making sure he keeps his word."

"I thought you trusted him, seeing as though you have been all buddy-buddy with him. Now, you are making sure he is keeping his word. Make up your mind, Alexandria!" Basil shouted as he stepped forward.

"He wants to make sure Klaus doesn't get to Elena. He wants her safe because Klaus daggered everyone but Elijah. Elijah wants to make sure Klaus doesn't get to Elena!" I screamed back at Basil.

He furrowed his eyebrows as he took a step back. He was listening.

"Think about it, Basil. Everyone is daggered. Kol. Finn. Rebekah. Do not deny you are still in love with her," I said softly, grabbing his shoulder.

He looked up at me with dark eyes, "I do not feel for her."

I shook my head, "I know you, Brother, and I know you love her still, after all this time. You are still in love with her, just as I am still in love with Kol."

"Are you sure it is not Elijah you are in love with?" Basil asked with narrowed eyes.

"Do not speak to me of that," I hissed at Basil as I gripped his shoulder tightly. "Elijah is the one who took My Beloved from me. What do you think?"

He shoved my arm off and I hardened my gaze, "I am leaving. You can try and stop me but you will fail."

Basil did not move as I stepped back. As I began to turn, I heard Basil move--about to leap. I swiftly turned back and slapped him with the back of my hand. He flew onto the stairs behind him and I leaped onto him so that I was sat on his stomach. I snapped his neck as he bared his fangs. He fell lifeless beneath me and I stood, leaving the house. Outside was Elijah who was standing on the porch.

"How long have you been standing there?" I asked quietly as I bit my lip. My voice was fragile and delicate, barely a whisper but I know he heard me.

"Long enough," Elijah answered as he turned. He walked down the steps and I followed. We went into his car and drove in silence.

After minutes of silence, I spoke up, "Where are we going?"

"We are going to pay a vampire a visit," Elijah answered. There was no emotion in his voice as he blankly stared at the road.

"Who?" I inquired as I thought of who we could possibly be visiting.

Elijah spoke, keeping his eyes on the road, "The vampire who was with Rose and Damon. His name is Slater."