Chapter 14

I walked through the home I once shared, poking my head into every room. I sighed whenever the room was empty. I focussed on the sounds around me with my unnatural hearing until I heard voices. I left the room and went onto the ledge-like structure. I grew confused as I walked down the stairs.

"Marcellus, I have been looking for you," I said to Marcellus but trailing off when I saw Kol sat beside him and colonists standing in front of them . I placed my hand on Marcellus's shoulder once I reached his side and smiled softly to the young boy.

"Darling! Glad you could join us!" Kol exclaims from his seat, smirking at me with his mischievous smirk that I love so much.

I furrowed my eyebrows at him, "Kol, My Love, what are you doing? What is all of this?" I gestured to the petrified colonists before us who were staring back at me with horrified eyes.

"Well, Marcellus has taken a liking to Shakespeare. I have taken it upon myself to show him the theatre" Kol stated in a matter-of-fact tone.

I sighed and my lips formed a straight line as I held Kol's strong gaze. He cocked an eyebrow at me as the sides of his mouth twitched. I rolled my eyes at his behavior but my heart couldn't help but flutter under his gaze.

As Kol and I stared deeply  at  one another, Marcellus spoke up, "Mr. Kol, I-- I don't like this."

"Don't be absurd. Shakespeare is meant to be experienced in the flesh. In truth, these aren't the finest actors but we are in colonies," Kol explained, turning his attention to Marcellus.

"Kol, lay off of the boy please," I said politely, plea in my eyes.

Kol smiles at me, "Don't worry, Exandria. Please, join us." He gestured to our surroundings with a smug look.

I observed the area and said, "There is no seat. I shall fetch one."

"Sweetheart, there is always a seat for you when I am in the room," Kol said, smirking at me.

"Kol, a child is present," I said, rolling my eyes but a small smile played on my lips.

He only raised an eyebrow at me and smirked. I huffed in defeat and went over to him. As I walked towards Kol, my long skirt of my maroon dress cascaded behind me. Once I reached him, I sat on his lap and he muffled my waist with his familiar arms. I placed my hands where his were and I sensed him smile slightly.

"Where were we?" Kol asks, gesturing for the 'actors' to begin where they left off.

As the actors began, I watched Marcel out of the corner of my eye. His face was full of terror and shock as he watched the man stab another through the chest.

I turned back to the performance and watched.

"Exchange forgiveness with me, noble Harlot," The colonist said, standing on the 'stage'.

I heard Kol sigh and facepalm, "No."

I turn my head to look up at him and he says, "Darling, please."

Nodding my head, I arose from Kol's lap and stood beside Marcellus. Kol rose from his seat, shaking his head as he went up to the poor man. I took his seat and watched Kol.

"How many times must I tell you. It's Hamlot, not Harlot," Kol said, grabbing the man's head.

I quickly covered Marcellus's eyes with my hands as Kol snapped his neck, achieving a satisfying crack. The man dropped dead, falling to the floor. I could not help but smirk and Kol caught me. He smirked at me as if he succeeded in something. I took my hands away and Kol stepped forward.