Chapter 31

I was lying in Kol's bed, still half asleep. It was very late to be waking up but Kol and I had been... busy, morning and night. Rubbing the sleepiness from my eyes, I hear the shower running. I sit up and stretch for a few moments. Getting out of bed, I look into the mirror. My makeup had been smudged so I threw on Kol's shirt and boxers that were lying on the floor and went into the bathroom. I could see the steam in the room as I shut the door.

"Care to join, Darling? Haven't had enough of me?" Kol asks with a smirk as he opens the curtains.

Chuckling softly, I shook my head, "No! Maybe later." He pouted his lips and I pecked them sweetly before he closed the curtains and continued to shower.

I turned back to the mirror and inspected my makeup more closely. My makeup was smudged and my hair was a mess. I just shrugged and sat on the counter. As I did, the water turned off. Kol grabbed the towel and tied it around his waist, after drying his hair a little bit.

With a grin, he stood between my legs and for once, I did not need to lean down to kiss his lips. He kissed back with force, wanting more.

"Kol, I must shower! No more!" I laughed, pulling away from him.

"Fine. One last kiss," He said before giving me a big ole smooch.

He left the room, not shutting the door behind him. I rolled my eyes and shut it before undressing and showering.

I performed my daily routine and reapplied my makeup. Recently, I brought some clothes from home and put them in his drawers. This was practically my second bedroom. For my outfit, I dressed into black leggings and a grey sweatshirt of Kol's. I chucked on a grey beanie and grey Uggs. I felt like being comfortable and cozy.

"Come here," Kol said, patting his lap.

With a smile, I obliged and leaned my head on his shoulder, "I have never asked; how do you feel after being daggered for about three centuries?"

"Three centuries?" He echoed in question.

I felt myself tense, "Well yes. You were daggered since the seventeen hundreds, my love."

He laughed but I heard the nervousness within him, "Right. I must tell you something."

"Kol," I said sternly, getting off his lap and sitting beside him.

"I was undaggered again in the nineteen hundreds," He said after a long sigh of hesitation.

I gaped at Kol, "What? Why didn't you tell me? Why did you not search for me?"

He sighed and looked down, "Trust me. I did. You were in Australia in the nineteen hundreds."

"The why didn't you come for me?" I asked softly, feeling hurt.

Kol pulled me closer and I did not pull away. He held me in his arms again and his touch was captivating. I remember how it felt to be held as a human. They do not compare.

"I was looking for a way so that we did not have to be split apart by Nik," He said quietly.

"What?" I asked, looking up into his dark eyes.

Kol's mocha brown eyes meet mine, "I was searching for a way to dagger Nik so we could be together without Nik daggering my siblings and I."

When I looked at him in silence, he spoke again, "Please don't be mad."

"I'm not mad. I am just... shocked," I said softly, leaning into his chest.

Kol kissed my head sweetly. I pulled away and said, "I love you."