Chapter 51

In my dream, I appeared in a field of grass and flowers. I instantly recognized where I appeared. I looked around for Kol.

"Looking for me, Exandria?" A smug voice asked.

I turned to face Kol who smirked, "I knew you would be here."

"I love controlling your dreams," Kol said with a smirk.

"You have always loved being in control," I said and stepped towards him.

He grinned mischievously at me before asking, "Do you remember this place?"

"Of course I do. We would come here every day that we could," I said and turned to look at the assortment of different flowers.

Kol smiled at me and joined my side, "I miss these days."

"We were so young and pure," I mused, "now look at us."

"True," Was all Kol said with a sigh.

I turned to him with a question, "Do you even remember what it felt like to be human?"

He hesitated before responding, "I remember when my emotions were not heightened, when I wasn't full of rage and hatred."

"You don't seem that way," I said softly, holding his arm.

"I don't act that way towards you because I love you, darling," He said with a laugh.

My cheeks began to heaten which made Kol smile.

"Well, I feel the same way. When I was semi friends with the Salvatores, I found myself overreacting quite a bit. I could barely control myself when it came to you and your family," I said with a small frown.

He nodded his head, allowing me to continue, "I turned on my friends when Elijah came back after playing both sides. I was all over the place, causing me my friends."

"You have always been so loyal," Kol observed and grabbed my hand. We walked around the field.

I shook my head, "Not to Caroline and everyone else."

Kol shook his head, "I meant to my family."

"Well of course. You were my family a thousand years ago. Of course I would be loyal to you," I said as I swung our laced hands.

"I am so sorry, Exandria," Kol sighed and shook his head.

I looked at him in confusion, "What for?"

"My family has caused you so much pain. We leave a path of destruction and you are right in the middle of it all," He frowned at me.

"Kol, I choose to be with your family. If I was unhappy, I wouldn't have said yes to marrying you a few nights ago," I said and caressed his cheek so that he would look me in the eyes.

 I woke up to Kol's strong arms around my waist and I turned over to face him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pecked his lips.

"I love you," I said between kisses.

He seemed hesitant to kiss back but when I kissed him more passionately, Kol kissed back. He still acted unsure as I straddled him.

"My love, don't hold back," I mumbled as I began to kiss along his jawline and down his neck.

I nibbled and sucked his sweet spot causing a moan to erupt from his lips. I continued to kiss down his toned stomach and he tensed at my touch. When I went back to kissing Kol's lips, I rubbed him through his boxers.

He pulled away and growled, "Don't be a tease, Exandria."

Kol flipped us so that he was on top and the journey began. He kissed down my neck and when he found my sweet spot, he bit down with his sharp fangs. I gasped and groaned in pleasure and surprise. This encouraged Kol to move to my collarbones and bite down once more.

I felt my back arch in pleasure and as I did so, he pulled away and lifted my shirt over my head. He kissed down my chest until he reached my stomach, sending shivers down my spine.

~X~X~X~X~X~X~

Kol was making some brunch as I got ready. I dressed into a white lace tank top with spaghetti straps and light blue jean shorts. After I did my makeup and put on my sandals, I decided to call Rebekah to tell her of Kol and my engagement.

When she did not pick up the phone, I frowned but left a voicemail.

"Hey, Bex. Call me when you can because I have big news!" I said happily and smiled at the past events.

I called Niklaus due to my suspicions.

"Alexandria! How can I help you?" Niklaus asks as he picks up the phone.

"How about you tell me what you have done with Rebekah." I asked but it came out more like a command.

He responded quickly, "What do you mean? Has something happened?"

I rolled my eyes, "Yes, you happened."

"I do not follow," Niklaus trailed off, seeming in confusion.

"Just tell me the truth, as an engagement present. Do not attempt to lie because I know you too well, Nikki," I said with a sigh.

I heard him choke before asking in shock, "Kol proposed?"

"No, I am engaged to a random person," I rolled my eyes with a laugh. "Of course he proposed!"

"Congratulations, Alexandria!" Niklaus cheered with a chuckle.

I smiled joyfully, "Thank you. Now, have you done anything to your sister?"

"You sound like my dead mother," Niklaus snorted.

"Oh my God, quit changing the subject! What did you do?" I exclaimed in frustration.

He paused for a moment, "What makes you think I had anything to do with it?"

I sighed, knowing he would continue to stall, "Because you are your ruthless, predictable self."

"I am not predictable!" Niklaus said as if it were nonsense.

"Really? Because I have suspicions that you did something to Rebekah and you are stalling, supporting my theory that you did something to Rebekah. That sounds like being predictable," I retorted.

He sighed deeply before responding, "You know me so well."

"Nikki, tell me what you did. This is the last time I will ask or else I am coming back to Mystic Falls," I said in a low tone.

"Stefan and I dagger her," Niklaus finally responded after a long pause.

I gaped at his statement, "I think you mean you did because you can survive daggering an original and Stefan cannot."

When he did not respond, I asked, "Why did you dagger Rebekah? She has stood by your side your entire life."

"She got in the way of my plans because, as you know, we are not on the best of terms," Niklaus said with a laugh.

But I did not laugh, "Clearly! There is a dagger piercing through her heart as we speak! I am coming back and if she is not undaggered... I will destroy your plans."

Sorry for late update! I have been caught up in schoolwork and sports! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Thanks for 2k votes! It makes my day, knowing that you all enjoy my writing.