Chapter 54

April has told me Rebekah's body is hidden in the Lockwood Cellar. I drove as close as I could get to the cellar as I could. I get out of the car and April does the same.

"What are you doing?" I ask her with furrowed eyebrows.

"I am coming with you," April said in a strong tone.

I shook my head, "You could die."

"And you will protect me," April spoke in a positive tone.

With a sigh, I began to walk, "I will make no promises."

Together we walked to the Lockwood cellar through the woods.

"Stay close to me," I said when I noticed she began to slow down.

She stayed quiet as she wearily looked around the darkened trees. I began to hear voices. 

"What the hell?" I mumble as I soften my steps.

I peer around a tree with April behind me once the voices are clear. Niklaus's hybrids are together.

A lady speaks up, "Where the hell is the witch? Adrian should be here any minute."

Rushing noises are abundant on the opposite side of the hybrids. A man appears with tears in his eyes.

"Kim," He utters as his last words before his heart is ripped from his back.

"No!" The female hybrid cries out as she watches.

"Oh my God!" April says as tears run down her cheeks.

I turn back to her quickly and compel her, "Do not make a sound and shut your eyes."

With a firm grip on April's wrist, I turn back to the hybrids. Niklaus is seen behind the man who collapses with the bloody heart in his hand. He drops the heart as his face expresses nothing but rage.

Niklaus runs at the crowd with a sword in his hands. I take this as my chance to grab April and sprint into the cellar as a blurr. I set her down onto her feet behind a wall.

"Stay quiet but open your eyes," I tell April and she complies.

Her eyes become teary before tears roll down her cheeks.

"It's okay," I instantly say to her as I rub her arms.

As I spoke, echoes of cries and screams were heard throughout the cellar.

We waited for what seemed like forever until only one of Niklaus's hybrids was alive.

I can hear someone rushing down the stairs and ending up falling down. Another footsteps are heard as the female hybrid reaches the bars of the cellar as she sobs.

She turns to Niklaus who asks, "Where is Tyler Lockwood?"

When the girl only cries, Niklaus points his sword to her neck and shuffles closer.

"You'd do well to answer me," He threatens in a lower tone.

She shakes before he puts the blade against her throat and screams in her face," Where is he?"

"I don't know," She responds and awaits her death.

"Wrong answer," Niklaus plunges the blade into her throat. 

Niklaus chops her head off before turning around and walking off. 

April begins to move but I stopped her, "Not yet."

I come out from behind the wall and near the brown coffin that was in the center of the room. I placed my hand on the cold surface of the wood. As I was about to open it, I heard something from above. I focused my hearing and heard footsteps nearing the entrance.

I rushed back to the wall where April was still standing. I placed my index finger onto my lips to silence her.

Someone walks down the steps and nears the dead body. I barely see a bit of their face. It was Tyler. He turns back around and leaves silently. After I am sure he is gone, I walk over to the coffin again, but this time, April is behind me. 

I open the coffin which reveals Rebekah's gray body and a silver dagger through her chest. April gasps for air when she sees her friend.

"Would you like to do the honors or shall I?" I ask April but keep my eyes on Rebekah.

"I--I'll do it," April stutters as she places one hand around the dagger and the other on Rebekah to help her pull it out. 

The color begins to come back to her skin after the dagger was extracted from her. When every part of her skin tone has returned, her eyes open and she gasps for air. She sits up straight and turns to us.

"Missed me?" I asked with a smirk and suggestive eyebrows.

She laughs and nods, "Of course!"

April and I help her get out of the coffin and she attacks me with a tight hug.

"Don't forget about this one. I couldn't have done it without her," I gestured towards Miss Mystic Falls.

"I taught you well then," Rebekah smiled playfully.

Her eyes avert to the floor and she asks, "Who is that?"

I almost forget about the dead body on the floor... "Oh, I think her name was Kim. She was one of Niklaus's hybrids. I believe they are all dead except one."

"Tyler Lockwood?" Rebekah inquires as she steps over Kim.

I nodded my head, "Come on. I believe the rest are up there."

I lead the way up the stairs and the sight surprised me. Bodies were spread around the floor of the woods.

"Wow, he hasn't been like this for a while," Rebekah observed.

"Yeah, and he had this sword with him which was odd," I told Rebekah.

Her eyes widened, "A sword? Oh no."

"What?" I questioned Rebekah carefully.

"He has the Sword of Alexander?" Rebekah asks in disbelief.

I shrugged my shoulders, "I guess. What is so special about it?"

"Alexander was one of the Five, Alexandria," Rebekah said loudly.

"Kol told me about the Five,  Silas, and the Cure," I nodded my head in understanding.

Rebekah sighed before smirking, "Would you like some revenge?"

"Hell yeah. What do you have in mind?" I ask and mirror her smirk.

"Just a little tormentation for our friends," Rebekah grinned wickedly at me. 

Yesterday was my last day of school! Summer is finally here! Updates will hopefully be posted more often, most likely twice a week. I will be going on vacation during the summer so sometimes they will only be one. Thanks for 95k views! I hope your summers will be awesome!