Chapter 38

I arrived at the school and was a little late. As soon as I got out of the car, I made eye contact with Niklaus who was about to come inside. With a sigh, I got out of my car and made my way up the stairs of the main entrance. As I was about to walk inside, someone shut the door before I could walk inside.

I groaned in frustration, "Niklaus, leave me alone please."

"Ooh, what's wrong with you and Klaus?" A very familiar voice said.

Looking up, I see the bright blue eyes that only belong to Damon Salvatore. I looked around and saw that Niklaus had went to find another entrance.

Rolling my eyes, I shook my head and said, "Nothing."

"Good because I don't care!" His voice sang before turning serious. "What are you even doing here?"

"Rebekah asked me to come so I came. Don't worry, I won't get in your way," I said, smiling halfheartedly.

Damon shared the false smile with me, "Great! Please move then 'cause you're in my way right now!"

I huffed and opened the door quickly, hitting Damon's foot with a thud. I heard him groan as I walked inside with a smirk.

Inside, people were already dancing in their 1920s outfits. I looked over the crowd, searching for Rebekah. After I could not find her after a few minutes of searching, I brought out my phone from my clutch and texted her, asking where she was. 

When she did not respond, I walked around and watched everyone dance. I spotted a pair dancing; Caroline and Niklaus. Behind them, Tyler stood watching them, his vein poking through his forehead.

After a while, I grew bored and went outside to get some fresh air. I checked my phone and Rebekah had not responded. I was about to call her but I heard someone else already had.

"Rebekah, call me back immediately! I only came to this ridiculous dance because you begged me to and now you're nowhere to be found," Boomed the voice of Niklaus who was walking out the doors of the dance.

Niklaus looked up and saw me. He made his way over and looked frustrated, "Has Rebekah texted or called you?"

I shook my head, "No. I thought she was just taking longer to get ready but now I am not so sure."

He sighed and said, "Come on, let's just leave." Niklaus began to walk away.

"Why would I leave with you after our spat?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows at him.

"What is this?" He asks, looking at the floor.

I walked beside him and saw what he was talking about. There was a trail of white salt that enclosed us with the school.

"Your mother is back," Said the voice of Stefan Salvatore.

I swiftly turn to look at him, "What? How?"

"We'll get to that later. That Bennett witch better lift this boundary spell!" Niklaus said, hit face red from anger. "Where is she?"

Stefan took us into a classroom where several candles were lit. Bonnie was chanting in the room. Also in the room were Damon, Jeremy, and some other guy I saw Bonnie dancing with earlier.

"She does this all the time, right?" The guys asks, looking unsure.

"Ah, the innocent," I observed with a smirk. When he glanced my way, my smirk grew.

Niklaus ignored us both and asked, "What's taking so long?! All boundary spells have a loop hole."

"Patience, Nikki," I said, feeling annoyed by him and the given situation.