Chapter 52

I had told Kol of my phone call with Niklaus and he did not seem happy.

I waked out of our bedroom and into the kitchen. Kol turned to me and instantly frowned.

"What is wrong, darling?" He asked and stepped towards me.

Through gritted teeth, I responded, "Your brother has daggered Rebekah again."

He laughed menacingly and took a step back, "At this point, I am not even surprised."

"We--I--must go back and help her. I cannot just stand back and let her suffer. I already let that happen before," My voice softened as my gaze averted to the floor.

Kol stepped towards me and lifted my chin, "Exandria, you could not help us because you were under Nik's compulsion. It wasn't your fault."

I nodded my head, "I know but I still need to help her. My love, I understand if you do not want to come. You don't need to."

"Darling, I cannot let you go alone," Kol said with a small smile.

"Yes, you can. I understand you do not wish to face Nikki. I can handle myself when it comes to Nikki," I said lightly with a smile.

He watched me for a moment before shaking his head, "I don't feel right letting you leave alone. I will come with you but I will not speak to my brother."

I nodded my head, "Of course. Maybe you can speak to mine."

"I will actually. I will ask for permission of your hand in marriage," He said with a thoughtful grin.

With a roll of my eyes, I said, "You do know you're supposed to do that before proposing, right?"

"Of course. He doesn't need to know this is out of order," Kol said wit a smirk and wrapped his arms around my waist.

As I draped my arms on his shoulders, I said, "Whoops, I already told him."

"Oh well. I guess he cannot say no."

Kol and I now have arrived in Mystic Falls. We drove to my house where Basil and Elise were sat on the couch.

"Hey guys!" Basil smiled and stood from the couch.

We all said our greetings and as Elise and I said hello, Elise broke out into a large grin, "Where's the big rock."

I laughed and held out my left hand, showcasing my wedding ring.

Her eyes widened and pulled me closer to examine my ring, "That is gorgeous!"

"I know!" I squealed, finally being able to express myself with another girl.

We carried on with out chat before I had to leave.

"I must go. Nikki must be dealt with and Rebekah must be undaggered," I said and stepped back from everyone else.

"So that's why you're here," Basil said with a roll of his eyes and a sigh.

I nodded my head, "Nikki was practically telling me he daggered Rebekah."

"She is more pleasant in a coffin," I, and everyone else, heard Elise mutter.

"She is because Rebekah does not serve as much as a threat to you with a dagger through her heart, coward," Kol snarled.

Elise stood up from her seat. As she did this, Kol stepped towards her with narrowed eyes. Basil stood in front of Elise and I separated them from Kol with my body.

I held my hands out against his chest with little pressure, "Kol, back down."

"I will once that little wench does the same," Kol retorted,  of looking me in the eyes.

For a moment, I turned back to see Basil and Elise. Elise made eye contact with me and through her eyes, she submitted. With a nod, she walked out of the house.

I turned back to Kol and sighed, "You should not have said that."

"Oh please, I know you were thinking the same thing," Kol rolled his eyes.

"I am sorry about what she said," Basil uttered, the words seeming like poison.

Kol laughed in amusement, "Thank you, Basil. Always a great man."

Basil forced a smile which made me laugh softly.

"It was nice to see you, Basil," I smiled genuinely and hugged him.

"You too. Feel free to move back in for the time being," He offered as we pulled apart.

I nodded my head, "Thanks, but I don't know if we are even going to stay that long. We may keep traveling after this."

Kol agreed, "Indeed. I would love to travel the world with you."

I turned back to Kol with a smile before saying to Basil, "We should get going. Nikki must learn a lesson."

"Bye guys," Basil said as we walked outside.

We got back into the car and I began to drive us.

"Where should I take you?" I asked and looked at Kol for a split second before turning back to the road.

"I'll stay at the Mystic Grill for a while," Kol decided with a nod of his head.

I dropped Kol off before driving to the marvelous Mikaelson Mansion. I got out of my car and barged in through the front door. I ran to the sound of voices. The door was open so I hid against the wall.

"Oh, on the contrary, I think right now I'm the best friend you've got," I heard the voice of Niklaus Mikaelson say.

I soundlessly walked inside and leaned against the door frame. The sight before me surprised me. Stefan and Nicklaus were in the same room together.

"Wow, I am gone for only a little while and you replace me with him," I said in distaste.

Stefan and Niklaus turned at the sound of my voice. Their eyes widened and their jaws dropped. I smirked at their reaction.

"I didn't think you would come so soon," Niklaus said after a pause.

"Tsk. Tsk. You know I always keep my word, Nikki ," I said with a shook of my head. "But seriously though, why are you two working together?"

Sorry for a late and terrible update! It's late and I needed to update before the school week actually began. I got sick and was caught up with family. With summer nearing, update quantity will be increasing!