Chapter 59

I awoke from a little nap to the voice of Kol. He was stood with his bare back facing me as he spoke on the phone. I rubbed the drowsiness from my eyes and sat up. I held up the covers to cover my naked self. 

I grabbed clothes from my dresser and some new undergarments. By the time I was dressed, Kol was finishing his conversation.

"Alright brother. Don't miss me too much," Kol teased before he ended the call.

I walked up behind him and hugged his tones waist. "Who was that?" I asked and pecked his shoulder.

"Niklaus has a plan to complete Jeremy's hunter's mark. I must stop him. You can join if you want," Kol had now turned to face me and held my waist. My arms were now draped around his neck.

"I would love to," I grinned at Kol before pecking his lips.

He groaned and pulled away, "I wouldn't do that if I were you."

"And why not?" I raised an eyebrow at Kol.

"Because once we start, we may not stop," Kol winked at me.

I felt my cheeks redden as I laughed at Kol, "What if I don't want to stop?"

"You will be the death of me," Kol sighed before kissing me.

A few minutes later, we were finally ready and made our way to Zanadew Lounge, where Niklaus said was inhabiting new vampires.

We walked inside the lounge and everyone inside was cowering away from the sunlight with music in the background.

Kol smirked and opened his arms to them all, "Well, this is a party."

"Who are you?" A man hissed from behind the bar.

"It won't matter," I responded as Kol lunged at some newborn vampires.

I followed Kol's lead and dove to a lady. I kicked her aside and ripped out another's heart. The girl I kicked aside came back for more. I twisted her arm and snapped her back. As I dropped her body to the floor, someone jumped onto my back and dug their teeth into my neck.

I stumbled backwards and used my strength to hit the wall hard. The man fell off my back and I took this opportunity to break the leg off of a wooden chair and stab him through the heart with it. 

Blood was everywhere by the time Kol and I were finished with them. Bodies were lying down across the room. 

"It smells horrible," I gagged as the scent of corpses drifted in the air.

"Alright then," Kol bent down and put a body over his shoulder. He dragged another to the back cold storage room.

With a sigh, I brought some bodies in the back. We piled up the bodies and went back to the bar. The scent of bodies was still pungent but not as bad. Music was still playing as Kol went behind the bar. 

"Jackpot," Kol grinned at me as he held up a bottle of bourbon.

I rolled my eyes at him but smiled as I sat on a barstool. Kol sat on the counter beside me since there were not many other stools to sit on.

Kol and I had spent the night here, drinking away. We played pool and threw darts.

"Do you even know if Jeremy will come here?" I asked with a sigh as I grew bored.

"Of course. It is one of the only places they can go to without being invited inside," Kol threw a dart at the dart board.

When morning came, Kol and I were hidden behind the bar.

"Why are we hiding here? Why do we even need to hide?" I hissed at Kol as I crouched so that the bar covered my head.

Kol rolled his eyes at me, "You know I love to make a spectacle."

This time I rolled my eyes. Before I could respond, Kol hushed me, "I hear them."

I focused my hearing and I heard footsteps and voices. Kol and I did not move a muscle or make a single sound as the door opened. 

The footsteps pause for a moment as someone speaks, "Something's not right."

The voice belonged to Damon and I could only assume the other footsteps belong to Jeremy. Their footsteps became more distant as something seemed to be kicked to the side. 

Kol grabbed my hand and pulled me up from my crouching position. We walked out from the bar and made our way to the back cold storage room.

"Looks like we're gonna have to find some new vampires. What a waste," Damon spoke in distaste.

"Stay close to me," Kol said in a low tone as we neared the room.

Now was Jeremy's turn to talk, "What the hell happened?"

"I confess. We did it," Kol smirked and held his hands up as he walked through the plastic flaps. I followed behind him and smirked at Damon and Jeremy, who pointed a crossbow at us.

"Kol? Alex?" Jeremy's eyes widen as he stares us down.

Kol smirks at Jeremy, "Jeremy, good to see you, mate. Sorry about the mess. Ugh, it was a little crowded when we arrived, and I prefer more intimate gatherings. We four need to have a little chat."

He took a sip from the bottle of bourbon, then asked, "Care for a drink?"

"He's underage, and I don't like you, so let's just cut to it," Damon retorted sharply.

I frowned at Damon as I grabbed the bourbon from Kol, "I remember you being more fun."

Before Damon could respond, Kol spoke, "You know, my brother bragged about his plan to complete Jeremy's hunter's mark. It was easy enough to track this lot down. They were all hiding in the shadows. Now, killing young vampires is easy or old ones, for that matter."

"Why? What's it to you either way?" Damon asked and raised an eyebrow at Kol.

Kol narrowed his eyes at Damon, "Because, you fools, in your zeal to find the cure, you risk waking someone very dangerous."

"Oh...You must be talking about Silas," Damon smiles at Jeremy and Kol.

"What do you know of him?" Kol's face showed concern for a split second.

Damon kept on his poker face, "Nothing. Don't want to. Not our problem."

"Isn't it?" Kol asked with a small smile.

"Uh-huh," Damon's blue eyes sparkled.

I raised an eyebrow at Damon, "So you don't care about the end of the world?"

"Nope!" Damon popped the 'p'.

Kol lowers his head and smiles at the ground for a moment, "A few hundred years back, I came across a group that worshipped Silas. His followers told me that he would rise again, and when he did, he would trigger the end of all time. You know, being an immortal, you can see why I'm opposed to time's ending. So I murdered all of them. And now, here you are willing to risk raising him in your search for the cure. I can't exactly sit back and let that happen, can I?"

Damon stepped forward as a challenge, "We're not going to back off the cure 'cause you were told one too many scary bedtime stories, you idiot."

Kol shoves Damon back and turns to Jeremy, "Jeremy, we were mates in Colorado. You're a smart lad. Why don't you call off this imbecilic treasure hunt?"

"I'm not calling anything off, mate," Jeremy spit back at Kol.

I snorted at his mocking of Kol's accent, "Very disappointed of you, Jer."

Kol rushes at Jeremy but is pushed against the wall by Damon. Damon head-butts Kol. I turned to Jeremy and lunged at him. He shot his crossbow and a wooden stake made its way just below my heart.

"Jeremy run!" Damon shouts as he continues to fight Kol.

Jeremy ran as I dug my hands into my chest to dig out the stake. It hurt like hell.

Thank you guys so much for 2.5k votes and 431 comments! I absolutely love reading your comments and seeing this story grow! The update for tomorrow may come late or the following day because I have had family over so my parents are making me spend time with them all the time. Thanks again guys!