Chapter 50

Kol was out at the shops doing whatever. He said he had things to take care of. Since I was alone, I just lied in bed and watched TV or youtube.

I grew bored quickly and ended up calling some friends.

"Hey, Alexandria!" Said the cheerful voice of my brother as he picked up the phone.

"Hi! How have you been?" I asked with a big smile.

He laughed slightly, "Good, a little boring since you are gone."

I rolled my eyes but grinned, "Oh please. How are you and Elise?"

"Really good, actually. She and I are staying away from drama as much as possible," He said with a sigh.

"So then I shouldn't ask how Nikki and Rebekah are?" I asked with a laugh.

He chuckled as well, "Those two do not seem to be on speaking terms. Rebekah seems to have made a new friend."

"Who?" I asked, hating how I feel a tad bit jealous.

"Some teenager named April. I don't think you know her," Basil said, waving off the information.

I nodded my head and moved on, "What about Nikki? How is he holding up?"

"He seems to be very stressed out at the moment and overall depressed," Basil sighed.

This made my heart hurt. I hated leaving him that way. I wish the Mikaelson family was tightknit again. At the moment, everyone was damaged and hurt. I wish we could go back.

"Hello? Alexandria?" Basil asks with a nervous laugh.

"Sorry, was thinking," I said quickly, mimicking his nervous laugh.

I could hear the sympathy in his voice, "Do not worry about them. Focus on you and Kol. Speaking of, how are you guys or do I even want to know?"

I laughed and responded, "Things are amazing! We are in Hawaii and it is beautiful. We go out to the water all the time and drink blood from coconuts!"

He chuckled and shook his head, "Nice! I am glad you are having fun!"

I heard the front door open and I sat up from bed.

"Basil, I must go! Goodbye, I love you," I said with a smile.

"Bye. Love you too," Basil said before I hung up.

I got up from bed and went to the front door. On the door read a note, 'Sorry, darling. Forgot something. Dress nicely and I will be back at 6:00. x '

I rolled my eyes and texted him, 'Aw, I wanted to see you'

Within seconds he responded, 'You will soon. Love you'

I texted him back saying that I loved him too. I went back into our bedroom and into the connected bathroom. I took a nice and short shower before getting ready.

I dressed into a creamy white lace dress. The dress had no sleeves but looked like a tank top. The dress was cut above the knees and showed off my toned legs. I paired the dress up with black pumps that criss crossed at the front.

For makeup, I made a golden brown smokey eye with cat eyeliner. My lips were painted a dark nude that suited my skintone beautifully. My jewelry was golden, including the golden locket given to me by Kol.

I waited patiently by the door when it was 5:55 for Kol to arrive. I was on my phone as I waited.

I knew Kol had arrived when I heard him knock on the door. I got up and opened the door. It wasn't Kol, but an older man in a black suit.