Chapter 4

ANNA'S POV:

I'm going to get to know Simon more today.

I get to the coffee shop and Simon is already there, sitting down at a table with his coffee and another coffee in front of him.
I walk up to him and he smiles.
"You came" He says.
"Why wouldn't I?"

"Oh my god what happened to you eye!?" Simon exclaims.
I pull out my mirror and examine my left eye which has a black mark underneath it. It must have been from when Damon hit me.

"Oh I walked into a pole. Clumsy me. I wasn't watching where I was going" I say.
And Simon doesn't look very convinced.
"Oh right" He replies and continues drinking his coffee.

SIMON'S POV:
I don't belive at all that Anna walked into a pole.
Walking into a pole would not do that much damage to your eye.
Is something else happening behind closed doors that I don't know about?
Abusive parents?
Or....abusive relationship? I have only known Anna for a couple of days, but I would hate to see her be put down by some abusive bully. She doesn't deserve it.

"Tell me what really happened" I ask.
"About what?" She asks.
"Stop playing about Anna. You know exactly what I'm talking about!" I shout, grabbing the attention of everyone in the coffee shop
"I should go" She says and runs out the shop. She needs to explain what is going on.
I run after her.
Once I catch up to her, I grab her wrist and spin her around to face me.
"Ow!" She exclaims.
"Tell me what really happened" I ask once again.
"Nothing!" She says sternly.
"I don't believe you!"
"Well believe it"
"So explain this then" I roll up her sleeve to show some bruises.

"How can you still be with someone who treats you like that?" I say sadly.
"I'm not. I-I-I broke up with him" She stutters.
"No you haven't. I can see it in your eyes. Leave him Anna. Otherwise you'll end up dead" I say.
"He loves me!"
"He doesn't love you if he hits you like you are his personal punch bag!"

"I'm planning on getting rid of him. You are actually part of the plan. Why do you think I was talking to you? I was going to try and get you to see that I was in an abusive relationship but you saw the bruise and figured it out a little bit too early" She explains.
"Let me help you then"
"You can't. Not right now. I have to do this by myself now. You can't get hurt defending me" She cries. I pull her into a hug. But she pushes me away.
"Is he watching you right now?" I ask.

She looks around and then nods.
I sigh.
"I have to go. I'll see you around" She says and runs away. But this time I don't run after her.

ANNA'S POV:
I get home. I can't belive Simon has found out already.
Damon soon storms up to me.
"So you are still talking to that guy?!" He shouts.
I don't say anything. And the next thing I know is that I'm on the floor trying to defend myself from the hits.

He grabs me by my hair and pulls my to my room.
He slams the door and locks it.
He took my phone.
Maybe I do need Simon's help. And I need it now.

A/N
Proud of this chapter😏
I did forget to put a warning at the start of my chapter so I'm very sorry about that to anyone who doesn't like abuse.
I promise it won't be going on much longer❤
Also just want to say, even if you aren't Muslim etc....
Please....can you just keep Syria in your thoughts tonight?
More innocent people have been killed. And America is saying it's an accident!
But if it happens anywhere else, it's terrorism.
The world is fucked up and getting more fucked up by the minute.
Have a lovely day and see ya