Chapter 13

ANNA'S POV:
It's the middle of the night and I'm still not asleep. There's too many things on my mind.
I decide to text Simon, maybe he's recording or at least still awake.

Anna- Are you up?

After 10 minutes he still hadn't replied, so I guessed he was asleep.
My door creaks open and my heart drops.
There is a tall figure standing by my door, peering through.
I put my lamp on and it's just Simon.
"SIMON!" I whisper/shout.
"What?" He asks.
"Why are you just standing there for? You scared the shit out of me" I place my hand over my chest.
"Sorry" He whispers.

"Why are you still awake?" I ask.
"I just finished recording with Josh and then I saw your text" He sits on the bed next to me.
"Why are you still awake?" He asks me.
"Because I can't sleep. I haven't slept all night and all I can think about is what happened earlier"

"Come with me"
"Why? Where are we going?"
"Just grab a jacket and come with me"
I pick up my Sidemen hoodie and follow Simon.
"Let's go for a drive. To clear your head" He opens the front door quietly.
We get into Simon's car and pull out of the driveway.

During the car ride, we sit in complete silence. So I take this time to think about Damon and everything else.
I won't stop the police from going after him, but I don't want anyone to get hurt because of me.
If he goes after anyone, I'll go after him.
I'm honestly scared. He's everywhere but he's nowhere at the same time.
I focus my eyes on the road ahead of me and I see a figure standing in the middle of the road. And it looks exactly like Damon.
As we get closer, I see that it is Damon.  But Simon is still driving.
"SIMON!" I shout.
Then the car spins out of control.
I hit my head off the door.
"Why did you just do that?" Simon shouts.
I get out the car and look around, and Damon is nowhere to be seen.
"Anna! What happened?" Simon asks.
"Didn't you see Damon standing in the middle of the road?" I shout.
"No! There was no one standing in the middle of the road!"
"Are you sure?"
"Of course I'm sure! I would have stopped the car if someone was standing there!"
"B-b-b-but I swear he was there" I whisper.

I feel a sharp pain at the side of my head.
"Ouch!" I exclaim.
"You hit your head really hard, you need to get it checked out" Simon examines my head.
"It's just a bump, nothing serious" I say walking towards the car.
Suddenly everything starts spinning and I feel myself hit the floor.

I awake in the hospital. Again.
Simon, Josh and Vikk are here.
"Hey guys" I say.
They all look at me and run over to me.
"Are you ok? Does your head hurt?" Josh asks.
"A little bit yes. What happened?" I ask.
"You and Simon went for a drive, he said that you saw Damon in the road and spun out. You hit your head and got a concussion, you should be able to leave soon" Vikk says.
"Simon are you ok?" I look at him. He isn't even looking at me. He didn't even reply.
"We'll give you 2 some privacy" Josh says and him and Vikk leave the room.

"Simon?" I ask. He still doesn't look at me or reply to me.
"Simon!" I raise my voice a little this time.
He looks at me and his eyes are watering slightly.
"What's wrong Simon?" I ask. He walks towards me and sits on the bed.
"You have no idea, how scared I was when you collapsed. I tried waking you up, but you wouldn't. And then you say you saw Damon but I didn't. This is why he needs to be locked up. You obviously don't feel safe with him around, if you are hallucinating"

"I'm not going crazy you know?" I shout.
"I'm not saying that! We could have crashed and the injuries could have been worse! It probably would have been my fault! Then what would you do?" He shouts back.
"Why are you being like this?" I ask upset.
"Because I care about you, more than you think I do! I'm so scared that something will happen to you, even if I take my eyes off you for one second. He is so dangerous and all I want to do is protect you" Simon gets up off the bed.

SIMON'S POV:
I've just admitted to Anna that I really care about her.
And she looks really shocked.
"Why do you look really shocked?" I ask.
"No one has ever cared for me like you do"