"Repeat after me," Harlow instructed her niece and nephew. "I am an intelligent, beautiful individual," she continued waiting for them to follow.

"I am a strong, black individual."

"I am more than the color of my skin."

"I am more than my talents."

"I am a human being."

"I deserve, I will receive and I will succeed," Harlow finished off.

This was something the three of them did on the daily. Not only because Harlow wanted them to know that being black was special but because between the violence and obstacles against their entire race they needed to know that they were important, that they mattered.

If it wasn't blacks killing blacks, it was other races and even the police officers that were sworn to protect us. So many people hated us but tried to be us, to mimic us and use us for what we had to offer.

Harlow wanted the children to know that regardless of their complexion that they could and would succeed by any means. She refused to allow them to grow up without loving the skin they were in, to allow them to think that their black wasn't beautiful even though the media constantly portrayed light skin to be the "right" skin.

She took it upon herself to educate them on their history, on their reality and on their adversaries.

"I love you two okay? Always remember that. And if you ever need to talk to me about anything, I'm here no judgement alright?"

"Okay teetee," Hayden replied first while Hunter nodded his agreement.

"Okay good. Are both of your bags packed?"

After receiving two nods, Harlow directed the children to the garage where they would head to Joie's house to meet up.

The group of friends would be heading to their yearly vacation and this year they were headed to the Bahamas.

Harlow couldn't wait. She's been working out like crazy to get her body just the way she wanted it and works been driving her insane so she needed this break. Her assistant would be taking over for her for the next five days and Harlow could only hope and pray nothing went out of control while she was on her trip.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Arriving to their Bahamas rental, the children went to their shared room while the adults took their bags to their own.

Harlow couldn't wait to bathe and unwind

Harlow couldn't wait to bathe and unwind. Shit all she really wanted to do was light a blunt while she bathed, get some food delivered and spend time by herself. Just thinking of it sounded like the right plan for her so she texted Olivia placing her food order while also asking if she could watch the kids before heading to the ensuite bathroom.

Stripping herself of her clothes, leaving her in just a thong, Harlow unpacked her supplies and began rolling her blunt. She was so in tune to what she was doing she didn't notice that she was no longer alone.