prologue

(Pic is of Skylar. Cute, ain't he? (; )

The door slammed open, heavy footsteps following as the boots George had worn to work brutally hit the hardwood floors. Upon hearing this, Skylar's eyes widened and he scrambled to hide in the closet. His name was called out, albeit mockingly, and he covered his mouth from making too much noise. He crawled through the small door behind all the clothes hung up. He froze as a metal hanger clinked on the bar.

Not wasting another second of tense fear, he hastily kneeled inside the vent and closed the door quietly, just then hearing boots thump thump against the bedroom carpet, where he had been before.

And with that, he ventured until the end door was in arms-reach. Getting out and basically running until he was at the back gate, he carefully hops over and starts sprinting yo get away. He knew that he probably wouldn't get far, but he had to try. It was already after noon, but the sun was going to set eventually and he'd have nowhere to go.

Knowing this, he thought out his options. He could go to the place he just ran from, the place where he'd had most of all his nightmares being made, he could talk with the nice werewolf who owns the store across the street, which he'd already passed up. He was far from the streets he knew, though. He was completely and utterly lost with nowhere to go and nowhere to be.

He wanted to cry. Throw a hissy-fit, stomp his small feminine feet on the concrete until he felt safe curled up to someone and his favorite Disney movie, Hercules on. The animated version was way better than any other to n if it was expensive, his boyfriend had once gotten it for him, when he wasn't always getting drunk or high, when he didn't come home and start fights or arguments for no reason at all. When he actually allowed him out of the house, when he didn't lock him in the bedroom the entire day and beat the sh*t out of him.

Sighing to himself, he let a single tear course his flushed red face, and soon enough there were many more to follow.

He gulps now, looking to the slowly setting sun. Wait... Setting sun? 'What sounds wrong about that sentence...' He thought to himself.

Then it clicked.

He looked around to see local stores he'd never seen before, Windows closing aswell as doors and being locked, he saw parents scurrying back inside the safety of their homes with children. Even some weren't human, but they were scared. Scared of what's to come.

And meanwhile, all Skylar could think of, was if he should run, grab a weapon somewhere, or pray out of this one. However, he knew he wasn't picking the third. He's bad at running, since he was blessed (not really though,) with bad knees, and he wouldn't be much surprised if the trees knew that he couldn't fight worth anything.

In that moment, he figured his fate was as good as dog poo, hearing the howl and siren go off. Watching the sun go down for the final time he'll ever get to see.