Chapter 39

HOLY CRAP ITS BEEN SO LONG-

Just a warning/heads-up... There will only be 40 chapters in this book. Prepare yourself if you will be reading the sequel.  This chapter is extremely short but is important.

I

t was just hitting sunrise as the bustle around the house continued in haste. Everything was being packed into duffle bags and stuffed into the large van currently parked in the front yard.

Skylar held his breath as he almost ran into one of them, catching himself staring at their faces in confusion. "Daddy?" He called out, not finding his face in particular, contrary to his wants. "Yes, little one? Are you hungry, thirsty, tired, anything just tell me-" a soft giggle from the boy interrupted his rambling of concerns.

"Nope, but Daddy, why is everything going into bags and in the trunk? Where we going?" He asks as he finally looks further up than what he was looking and sees the man in question's smiling face. "Well, we are going on a special trip. It is for you to become what you want to be, and the journey won't be easy, but we will make it if we stick together. So, what do you say?"

"I-"

......

"Okay, Daddy. I trust you,"

~~

After hours of driving, Skylar fell asleep and the shrill sound of a phone ringing interrupted the peaceful silence. It was hurriedly picked up and accepted, the man rushing in order to not wake the boy up.

"Hello?" The largest one of them said with the phone to his ear. A brief silence was his answer, until a voice suddenly spoke.

"Damien?"