Chapter 30

After we all left to go to the living room, with me still clutching Harry like my life depended on it and the others smiling and cooing, I was laid down on his lap and my head was tucked into his elbow crease.

Then, the rest of the people followed after us into the living room, making me flush at my position and the way some of them were looking at me. I felt embarrassed, as if I was the scum under someone's shoe.

The man I saw earlier who smiled at me a lot in a gentle way decided to come near me, and bend down to my level. He smiled in that gentle, soft way again, and I giggle at him. Forgetting the gazes on me, I lean forward and make grabby hands at him. I watch as he glances behind me at Uncle Harry, and then a fleeting look back at my parents, he grins and picks me up before sitting back down in the recliner with me in his lap playing in his surprisingly short hair. He snorts and plays with mine.

I nuzzle my face into his hand as he does, because I love getting my hair played with! It's the best! He chuckles at this and lays me down on his lap and somehow he is now holding a bottle of some pink stuff in it. I frown in confusion at it, and he reassures me that he had just made it.

"How? You here," I say with a firm pout. He grins at me and puts his free hand in front of my face. I blink again in confusion, but he makes me look at his hand. It suddenly starts glowing a blue color, making me gasp with wide eyes.

His hand opens up in the middle, so there's a tiny hole. Then, a flower blooms right before my eyes. I had never seen this type of flower before, and it was absolutely breathtaking.

I gape at him in shock. Did that just happen?

I stare unblinkingly at the glowing blue flower and slowly but surely reach towards it. He chuckles at me and then the flower moves! It really does! I swear, I'm not lying!

As he chuckles again, I don't pay attention. I sit up more and notice how close the flower is to my face now. It brushes against my nose and I squeal, going back to nuzzle my now tingling nose into his chest. That... I don't even know how to process that!

I was touched by a flower!

An actual flower...

That grew out of his hand!

Oh my gosh!