chapter twenty-four

I wake up with a groan, noticing that I'm consuming the contents of a bottle. Curling into a ball, I continue drinking until I come up with air. I keep sucking, hoping there is more in there that just wouldn't come out, but my hopes diminish as the bottle is taken from me and I cry from the loss of it.

I'm then picked up and open my eyes, seeing bright lights shining on my face and shutting my eyes immediately.

I let out another sob and bury my face in the person's shoulder, clinging to the sculpted chest and trying to ignore the light shining on my back. I notice that I'm dressed in different material, softer material than before. I peek down my body to see that I'm in a footed panda sleeper. I sniffle but smile for all but a second at the sight of the cute outfit.

I don't notice that we are moving until I hear cooing to my left. I look in that direction and am met with Papa holding a pastel pink pacifier in his hand. I squeak and make grabby hands at it, jumping slightly to get out of Alec's arms. He lets me go with a loud laugh.

He gives the plastic and rubber thing in my mouth and I can't deny that it soothes me.

We (more like he,) walks into the kitchen and it's chatter-filled walls surprise me. I see Uncle Harry and his husband, the businessmen that were here a while ago, and some more people I don't recognize sitting at the long wooden table with plates and such placed on it.

I nearly drooled at the sight of bacon on the counter, but an afterthought stops me from thinking too much about eating it.

Should I really eat that...

I mean, it'll only make me fatter

I'm already so fat and ugly, why would I make that worse for everyone else that carries me all the time?

I hate my stomach, I should just not eat anything until I look pretty like those people on magazines and the TVs.

"Baby?" I hear suddenly. I didn't know I was that absorbed in my thoughts until I notice that I was in a high chair at the end of the table with a spoon of food at my lips, held by Alec.

I gasp and feel nauseous at the sight of the fluffy yellow eggs. "Nu," I say and push the food away. Alec frowns, making my anxiety spike and my heartbeat increase. Something about him frowning worries me.

I turn my face away to the floor as he calls Dakota to feed me and feel his hand grab ahold of my chin and turning my face back to him.

"What's wrong?" He asks worriedly. "Nu," I say crossing my hands. He should know that means I don't want food, he is my Papa after all. I turn away again, but my head is immediately turned right back by his hand that I forgot was on my chin.

I whine, trying to turn my head again, but he doesn't let me. He makes me look at him and I flinch at the coldness in his eyes. My eyes well up with tears as my mind comes up with thoughts of what I did wrong to upset him. Was it cause I won't eat? Was it cause I don't want to look at him?

I choke on a sob and he sighs, picking me up out of the high seat and rubbing my back. I'm sorry I mess things up, I think to myself.

I wipe my face on his shirt and my cries are momentarily muffled because of it. He shushes me and more hands come to help soothe me, but I think it's just Alec and Connor so I don't worry too much about it like I should.

"It's okay, babe, let it out," I hear Alec's voice over my sobs, making me cry harder. I start screaming and my throat hurts from it. He keeps trying to soothe me, walking around the room slowly and rocking me in his arms. Though, I start to fall asleep after a few minutes of him doing this and sniffle as my head feels like a boulder is on top of it. I whimper in pain and he kisses my head, whispering to me that it's okay.

I fall into a peaceful sleep.