chapter eight

The image is Skye's new stuffed animal that they get him! I so want one!!

Enjoy!

PREVIOUSLY ON NEEDED: "Focus on me, baby. Deep breaths, you can do it! There you go - in and out - just like that!" I hear faintly and look in front of me, a blurred image of Doctor Evans meets my eye. He smiles at me reassuringly, and I feel myself mentally relax. I don't remember what I said, but I said something to him before passing out, feeling the body beneath mine go rigid at what I said. Then darkness takes me over and my head falls on his chest.

DOCTOR EVANS POV:

With a long sigh, the angel in my arms falls unconscious with his head landing on my chest. The tension in the air can be cut with the tip of a sharpie marker, and yet all I can do is imagine what would happen if he was mine. If I had gotten to this little angel sooner, then my wolf wouldn't be yelling and clawing at the surface to protect him or see what is wrong. My wolf, Nikko, is very sensitive to him for some reason. I think that it's because of what the elders had said, about a week ago.

FLASHBACK! ONE WEEK BEFORE:

"You will soon find the person you are made to protect, and when you do your wolf won't want to do much of anything besides to be with him. Be prepared, Christopher, for it will be a bumpy ride as you both figure out the road to happiness and then you shall find your soulmate. If the young boy is ever sad, or angry beyond relief, shall you know it deep within? You and he will share each other's emotions, thoughts and feelings with one another mentally. Come to us when you meet and we'll tell you more," They had all said in unison, making me shiver.

I opened my mouth to say something, ask the questions buzzing in my head but when I looked up at them, nothing was there but open air.

That night, when I went to sleep, I felt as though something big was going to happen, and there was no way to stop it. I fall asleep with baby blue eyes haunting my dreams.

BACK TO CURRENT TIME!  

"So this is your living room, huh?" I say to the men in the room with me, trying to start a conversation. 

"Yeah, ours. Just like Skye," Mutters the biggest out of the three of them. Ugh, why is he so overprotective of him? That's my job! 

"You all might want to sit down for this. This is...quite a lot to say." I say when he just stands to stare into my face, whereas I'm sitting on a very comfortable couch. He huffs and glares at me hard, then plops down by who I'm guessing is his mates. They smile at me and despite my nerves, I smile back. 

"My name is Christopher Evans. I think that you all should know that I was assigned to be Skylar's protector, and before you come at me with the questions, I know this because my own grandmother and her fellow elders have sat me down about this as well. They didn't know who it was, but it's the reason I was even created. I can feel it in my bones, and no matter what you may have in mind to push me away I will not ever give up. Don't you wonder why he was so clingy and in his subspace or whatever when he was with me? He feels the bond, and his mind and body were already submitting to me first-sight." I explain looking at all three of them. 

Before anyone could say anything, there's a loud wail coming from upstairs. "I'll go if I don't come back within five minutes come get me." The guy on the left says, grinning and standing up. The other two pout, and boy was it a sight to see. Imagine seeing two buff, muscular, manly men with a pout and glassy eyes. I hold my chuckle as I see the lesser muscular one get up, too. He claims to be helping him and just about shoots out the room. 

Then it's just me and Mr. Grumpy Overprotective Jackass stuck in the living room together.

Skylar's POV

I wake up and my head hurts like you wouldn't believe. Something in me wants to cry, and try as I might stop it but it just comes out. It makes my throat burn, only adding to the pain. Literally like five seconds later the bedroom door opens and coos can be heard from where I'm laying down on my back in this crib thing that I can't get out of. 

"Aww, is baby hungry? Yes, he is! Come on, let's go get some clothes on you and get you changed." The man from before that looks really feminine says taking me out the crib and cuddling me into his lean chest. He rubs my back and soon enough my sobs turn into annoying hiccups and sniffles. I look up at him to see him looking at me back. "Hi, cutie." He coos again. I giggle at the stupid face he makes and he places me on some table thing with a fluffy blanket on top. 

When he starts taking my Batman onesie off, I kick him to make him stop. I can feel my legs a little more, Each day.  "Now now, I know you just woke up and probably are in pain but I need to change your diaper, sweet." Alec coos at me unbuttoning the buttons to the inside, making me tear up in embarrassment. "Stop, or I'll go get your papa!" He says loudly when I kicking and flail my arms about still. I don't want him to see me naked.

I whine at his comment but stop my struggling. I cry silently as he undoes every piece of clothing on me and tapes yet another diaper on me, then a huge sweater that comes down to my knees and hangs off one shoulder. At least it's soft.

The man that hasn't said anything yet picks me up and rubs my back while whispering things in my ear to get me to stop crying. It doesn't work and they decide to just bring me to the kitchen downstairs. On the way, we pass the living room door and I hear booming voices inside, which brings my curiosity. "Who's in dere?" I ask in a small voice pointing to the living room.

Edited on January 3rd, 2018