chapter one

Skylar's POV

When I woke up next I felt like I was somewhere else, like that place where your not awake but not completely asleep. I could hear voices, faintly feel myself sucking on something in my mouth but it felt... Dare I say it, but it felt comforting. I was warm, covered in what felt like plush blankets, and I think I had maybe a teddy bear in my arms against my chest. For some reason unknown I was cuddling it.

Then I could hear the voices more clearly...so I focused in. "Colten, are you sure about this? I mean, I know we've all been wanting a little for a while and no one has interested us so much but... We drugged him." A light voice said.

"Alec, if I wasn't absolutely sure with this I wouldn't have done it. Everything will be alright, we're all together because we're mates anyways, we'll need a child anyways. So why not get one? Just imagine how happy and relieved Dakota will be when he sees." Another, slightly deeper and more dominant voice said. It scared me how quiet I was being, I'm not even sure I'm trying.

So I groan and come to my senses fully, opening my eyes to two sets of curious and cautious eyes. I look around me and almost cry, because I see that I'm only wearing a blue onsie, I'm inside what looks to be a adult-sized crib, the bars remind me of prison for some reason because I know I wouldn't be able to climb out of it.

I can't even feel my legs.

Okay so... Wait a minute. I've always been small, like super small.. Some humans would mistake me for a 13 year old and they have me in a huge ass crib? What?! I gulp in fear and look up. I'm staring into deep oceanic eyes, gold appearing around the iris and I feel trapped. I can't look away from them, it's like a drug. A smile appears on the mans face, he looks at me like I look at kittens, the little things are precious.

If you know anything about me it's that I love kittens. I adore them.

"Hi, baby.my name is Alec but you can call me daddy. One of your other parents are Colten, my mate and the other is at work but his name is Dakota. You will call them Papa and Dada. Are you hungry? Let's get you changed." He says and I whine lowly, I didn't ask for this. What even happened? I remember running...I remember looking behind me and seeing someone yell at me, and tripping on something heavy.

I remember the pain of being stuck with a needle and cry out. Colten curses and picks me up, with him cooing and rubbing my back, and me screaming and flailing my arms. I've already given up on my damn legs. Traitorous things won't even work, unless they did something to them. Oh shit, I think to myself. They did something to my legs! That means they are not human, which means...

I continue crying and ignore their touch, realizing I'm being carried and someone holds my arms down. I cry more when they shush me, they pull my head on their shoulder and rock softly until my crying turned into broken whimpers.

My sniffles turned into hiccups and Colten said, "Such a good boy, that wasn't so bad, was it? Let's get you changed now," hearing this I whine again but he shushes me and lays my body down on a soft blanket. I try to kick my feet but they don't even budge. He chuckles and I glare.

Once I notice he placed me on a changing table, for babies, I start crying again. Damn, I cry a lot. But hey, they want a baby? They get the crying along with it.

I decide to just play along and see where this goes. If they hurt me, I'll come up with a plan to escape. If they tell me why they chased me down and took me, why they did this to my legs, I'll maybe give them a real chance. But for now, I can't do anything but wait until they open up.

I'll cry, but I won't talk. I'll whimper, but I won't crawl. I'll sleep, but I won't cuddle with them. And if they even try to feed me real baby food, I'll resist. I will become their worst nightmare, if that's what I have to do to get them to listen. And if they don't listen then, I'll escape anyways.

Easy, I say in my head. This is going to be easy.