chapter twenty-six

"So he looks like me?" Alec says, baffled. I nod with clenched fists. 

"How is this possible?" He asks. "Your guess is as good as mine," I mumble. I could've sworn they had to be twins or something, but I wouldn't want to even ask such a thing of my love. It would break his heart if my thoughts were correct. 

He couldn't have a twin, could he?

...

I have to discuss this with the others before bringing it up with him. His parents have been quite weird lately, antsy, but I thought nothing of it because I know how sweet and open they are about their thoughts and feelings. They are going to be great when they eventually babysit Skylar, but I won't let them near our baby if they end up keeping a secret like that for this long. 

Unless they absolutely had no choice but to not tell anyone about it, they won't be 100 feet within our baby. 

I shake myself out of my thoughts when I hear cooing and small giggles coming from the next room to my left. I raise an eyebrow and stroll into the living room with purpose, causing my mates to blush slightly and me to smirk at them. 

I still got it, I think to myself with a chuckle. 

"Let's get some food in you, love," I look over to see Alec smiling at Skylar and walking towards the kitchen. I stop him and whisper to him to just feed him a bottle with all the nutrients, then we'll talk to him about his transition to our worlds. 

I can't help but dread that talk, but there isn't anything to really do about it. 

It is time. 

~~~~~

Skylar's POV: 

I giggle as yet another kiss is placed on my red cheeks and Alec expertly makes the bottle while smiling down at me in awe. 

He finishes making the bottle and soon enough I'm laying across his lap on the couch with my head in the crook of his elbow. He puts the faux nipple to my lips and I open my mouth with eager interest as to what the flavor is this time. Every day, at dinner time, he gives me a different flavor of milk or juice in a bottle. Always a different flavor, always delicious. 

I hum at the mango taste, drinking faster. He pulls it from my mouth and tuts at me not to drink so fast. I sigh but comply, too thirsty to manage a struggle. 

He smiles at my compliance and lets me drink again, ignoring the coos going around the room. My eyes start to drift closed and they quickly stop me from falling asleep. I whine in discomfort, why did they give me my bottle when they know I fall asleep with it if they won't let me sleep? 

I look at Dada in annoyance and confusion, causing a laugh to bubble out of him. "Hun, we have to talk to you about something," He says with a sigh. I stop drinking and he pulls the bottle from me, but I ignore the voice in my head saying to grab it back and drink more. 

I can't help but get the feeling that this is serious. 

"So, here's what is going on..."