CHAPTER 40 - LAST CHAPTER

If you can't tell (motions to the 16 DRAFTS), I'm a busy hoe.
Let's end this the right way.

The tension was unbearable in the air as the car was parked on the side of the road with blinking lights behind them. "So what did we get pulled over for? You realize we shouldn't be pulled on the side of the road, right? He knows we didn't do anything bad, right? What the heck are we getting pull-"

A hand clasped itself across the mouth of a rambling and worried Alec. "Babe, it will be alright. Just calm down," Shock was clear on the shorter man's face at the man's words. He ripped the hand from his lips in outrage. "Calm down? CALM DOWN?" He said loudly, hearing shuffling and a groan from the car seat in the back when he did. "You cannot honestly think I will stay calm when we have done nothing wrong and we have a baby in the back seat!?" He exclaimed. Before he could say anything else, there was a harsh knock to his window. He turned and rolled the window down, only to see a tall man with half of his face covered by the shadow of his hat.

"I need proof of identification," He said in a gruff tone. His voice hit something in Alec's memories. It sounded very familiar but not old. He abruptly looked up as the man caught his eyes. "Dee? Is that you?" he said in a soft, unbelieving tone. He dropped his wallet that he began to sift through and peered more at the man's face. Thick lips, thin nose, a little bit of stubble...

He motioned for Dee to back up, and when he did, Alec opened the car door and rushed to hug the man. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I swear I will never do anything like I did ever again," The two hugged for a long moment before he poked his head inside the car. "Where's my godchild?"

Gods were different in his perspective. Rather than giving up on them when the world turned upside down, he kept his faith and even got more faithful, if anything. His best friend since high school told him about his godchild. He didn't know he was the godfather at first but once again, found out by snooping into his old friends' lives. It was only a snippet, but now at least he was expecting them more when they called, and they didn't have to waste any more time than necessary.

Skylar jolted out of his sleep by the noise, emitting low whines and sounds to show he was scared. He sat his head up and saw an unknown man's face close to his. Skylar's eyes got wide, and traces of fear crawled in his expression, while he quickly diverted his gaze to Dakota. The older man looked with gentle eyes at him, nodding to the other man to assure him that he was okay.

Skylar thought he was crazy as he gazed into the brown eyes of the unknown man, who was now beaming. "That's right, take in the handsomeness," He said smugly. A scowl was apparent on the boy's face as he said this. He looked away and folded his arms, thinking about how arrogant he seemed. He hated arrogance.

D'Ante's mouth hung open in shock at this, but soon pouted and whined for Skylar to pay attention to him.

After all, if he was turning him, he would need him to like him.