Chapter 38

As soon as the baby was asleep and placed in the crib, the only thought on Dakota's mind was to get the drama sorted out.

Albeit, it could be called chaos in a way and not drama, to be exact. There were no rumors about it and no one was talking about anyone else for it to be much of a drama. But it could definitely be called chaos in the most silent ways. They didn't feel very safe leaving Skylar at the house alone while they went to argue their points and probably not hold back any anger, so they had to keep their voices low and be careful as to not wake the sleeping baby.

With Skylar choosing to become a fae, it would make the men's jobs much harder. They were naturally possessive, so if and when another man or woman came into their lives only to take their baby away, it came as no surprise that they did not approve.

They wanted him to be only theirs, and then some. They did not like the thought of giving the small boy away, not to anyone. It made them feel like they were giving their entire world away. So instead of searching for another, they began to think of ways that this could work out without anyone having negative feelings about it.

But nothing seemed to be working. Until...

"What if you guys take him to be decided by the council before we even change him?"

It sounded almost too good to be true. The council always picks the best pairings and none of them have failed yet. They would have to travel lengths high and low, yes, but would it actually work in their favor? What if it still upset the men? Or what if Skylar didn't like who he got paired up with? They were all risks that would have to be taken.

So when they finally decided that they would all travel to the great council and take their baby to be paired, it didn't take them long to get packed and ready to go. They all worked together to make a few bags full of Skylar's things and put them into the large van.

It came almost as second nature for them to care for a being so small and docile, and they knew that it would be the hardest it would ever be to do so in the next few weeks.

You guys, I apologize from the bottom of my heart for my absence. I will for sure be updating a lot more I think, now that I am off of school and such for the summer. I don't think it will be as often as it was, since I usually wrote a lot at school, but it will be better.

Thank you all for your patience and love