chapter nineteen

I wake up to cooing and people shushing other people. Silence takes over the room, and I groan as I come to my full senses. I squint my eyes at the harsh brightness that nearly blinds me. "Shh, you're okay, baby. You passed out from dehydration, that's a major reason that we're feeding you the bottle now,"

I then notice that there is plastic in my mouth and liquid steadily going down my throat. I squeak in surprise as I realize I can't feel my jaw or any of my limbs. Connor looks down at me in despair. "We had to do it, babe. You kept thrashing and screaming, you wouldn't calm down after you passed out. I tried my hardest, but it had to be done for you to calm down," He says. I feel tears prick my eyes but cannot do anything but let him rock and shush me, never stopping me from crying.

But the tears continue to fall freely. I can't believe I had another nightmare. I don't remember it, but they happen extremely often. Or more like did happen. I continue sucking on the strawberry milk subconsciously and ignoring the sick feeling in my stomach.

I always feel sick when I drink milk.

My body curls up in pain as my stomach releases a loud and weird noise. Whimpering, my hands automatically clutch the middle of my stomach where the pain is at. This brings the attention of the adults in the room to me and mentally I curse as it only makes my stomach feel worse under the anxiety of their stares on me.

Alec looks at me, concerned. He comes and takes the bottle out my mouth with little struggle, me still sucking at nothing but air when he takes it out at first.

A door opens and I notice that it's Dakota that comes in the room with an angry face. Two men follow behind him, and I start to get afraid, but I can't seem to do anything about it. Dakota walks stealthily towards me and I break out into more tears, shaking when he picks me up and places me on his lap. My body falls onto his chest helplessly since I can't control or hold myself up.

"You have no idea of your worth, baby," He exhales. I don't say a word. Not that I can, but even if I could, I wouldn't.

They exchange a few words that I don't pay any attention to. I notice myself falling asleep again, until Dakota pulls me further onto him, by pulling me up so my chin is resting on his shoulder. I shiver from the cold burst of air that welcomes me. People come in the kitchen and sit down, and while they're up, they pass by me just to pinch my cheeks and coo at me. I growl like a ferocious animal.

"Aww, you growled? That sounded so cute! Like a little kitten purring," Dakota chuckles. My face flushes and I whine, trying to claw at his back. He just laughs at me. "Not funny," I slur. It comes out unrecognizable, even to my own ears.

I let out another squeak as I'm carried off and placed in someone else's lap and this time, they sit me with their chest to my back, so they're holding me up and making sure my neck and back are kept straight upwards. I moan in discomfort until he shifts me so that he's bouncing me on his legs whilst still holding my body up with his. He kisses the top of my head, making me release the tension in my back and relax against him. I still don't know who I'm on top of, but at the moment I could care less.

"Feed him for me, will you? I got him some mashed broccoli since he can't chew, but if that doesn't work, then just come sit with him for another bottle." I pay no mind to the words being said, only the vibrations of his chest lulling me into a calm sleep.

I welcome the darkness with open arms.