Chapter 37

Dakota was pacing the floor, making marks on the beige carpet as his mind runs rampage with nasty thoughts. "Are you positive he said that, Alec?"

The blond man chuckles at his husband. "Yes, hun, and he didn't stutter or hesitate. He wants this, maybe more than we thought. And what he wants, he will get," Alec states with a smile. He almost couldn't believe it too, that his baby would want something so naughty, something that he said he would never do.

Their baby was going to go through with the mating.

He would need someone to take care of him in heat, and that would only lead to a mating, so they would be searching high and low for a respectable suitor.

And if they cannot find one, they would have that conversation when they got to it. For sure, Dakota was all for taking care of him, but he did not want to hurt their baby.

He was special in a way.

The way Skylar's smile lit up a room, the way he looked at them. They thought he was too good for the cold people they had met lately. People were getting out of hand, and this included all of the supernaturals as well as the humans. Humans were rare nowadays, but when they came they were hanging on by a string to survive. Some prided themselves on becoming something they aren't just to live, and it was getting out of hand with the many demons and angels fighting everywhere but their own homes.

Some demons were good, but they took no chances for the sake of safety over gaining friends.

Albeit they have plenty of friends, but they didn't want for Skylar to be lonely.

Then again, they had survived just fine without friends before. Sorta.

Most of all, they just wanted to have a happy, healthy Skylar. He mattered the most to them, no matter what. After they carried the boy upstairs with them to the biggest bed in the house, they all made efforts to sit in the spaces surrounding him.

He blushed as every gaze was settled on him and they began the talk.

"So, in order to be a fae, you will go through the processes that come with. You must be marked by a fae, preferably a strong and loyal one to teach you the ropes, and in the following days, your body will adapt to the internal changes that the toxins do to you."

"The mark will sting for those days, and it will only hurt more as the days pass on. On the week after the mark is made, you will have your first heat." The silence after that sentence makes the small boy nervous. What was a heat?

"When someone has a heat, it is very dangerous. You will give out a scent, one that many will lust after, and that is where your supposed mate will come in. He (or she) will be the one to help you through your heat, and then you will officially be a faerie," Alec says all in one go.

The boy's wide eyes and open mouth was all they were given as a response.

He gulped, closing his mouth and taking a deep breath. "Well," Connor interrupted after a short moment. "After meeting with the fae council, you will either be accepted as one of them and transitioned completely, or denied,"

"What happens if I-"

"Okay, enough of that! Man, is it stuffy in here..."

"But Da-" A yelp escapes the little boy as he was picked up by Dakota and brought out of the room.

He was carried into the kitchen and held firmly against the man's hip as the man made a full bottle of strawberry milk. The older reassures his hold before walking strongly to the nursery. "Babies should not think of such dreary and complicated things, they have no worries and no responsibilities." He say as they arrived at the colorful but neat room. He sat in the rocking chair and situated the both of them before lifting the plastic bottle to his mouth, and stuffed it in before any more words could be said.