chapter seventeen

After we spent some time at the park and they made me eat more food until my stomach was full, we left to go to the store. Everyone seemed excited, but I kept yawning in the car. I took a nap all the way to the mall and was unbuckled by Connor, which I noticed is the other man who took me with Dakota and Alec. He wants me to call him "Dada", yeah right. I haven't even called the other two "Daddy" and "Papa". I think that might change though, with how impatient they are. They'll break soon.

And so will I.

When we get to a store called "Guilty Pleasures", only Alec and Connor go in. I look confusedly at Pa-Dakota, but he just shakes his head and takes me to another corner of the mall, into a different store. I don't catch the name of this one but I gasp loudly as I see the shelves and what's on them. "COLORS" I scream writhing in the man's hold. He chuckles but holds me tighter to him, making sure I don't fall...or escape.

"You like the colors, baby?" He asks the dumbest question ever. I squeal and try to go to it but he doesn't let me. I am stopped by him once again.

He then walks over to the first colorful isle. I see a paint set and squeal again, pointing to it and pulling his hair slightly to get his attention on it. He chuckles at me and asks me if I want it. Of course, I want it! I look at him with a crazy look in my eyes.

He coos at me and leans forward, grabbing the large box and putting it inside a huge buggy that one of the other men, who were behind us, was pushing around. I notice the beaming smile on Alec and Connor's faces.

I ask to be put down and Dakota grimaces but does so. I walk down the aisle with my interest peaking.

"I like this one," I say touching a basket with a lot of sweets and a white board with colorful markers that come with it. I look up and Dakota smiles at me, making me smile too. I never noticed how tall he is until now. He looks to be about 7'7, give or take. Needless to say, with his muscles and his height, me against him will never happen.

"You can't eat all of it at once, babe," He says to me. I giggle.

"Yes," I say crossing my arms. I pick up the basket and notice that all the pricing is in a different language. There are symbols as numbers. He takes note that I'm looking at the pricing and says that maybe I can learn the language. He tells me he'd read me some books on it later on if I want. I know I won't have a choice.

I hand him the goodie basket with a pout and he coos at me, taking it and placing it in the basket. "Just no more than 3 pieces of candy today, mister." He says sternly. I keep the pout and huff. Walking to the next isle, I blush like a tomato and quickly turn to get out of it. Dakota laughs and stirs me back into the aisle by my shoulders. I groan and plant my feet on the ground, trying to make him stop, but he doesn't.

"Shh, you need some more bottles for bedtime and pacis. Come pick out some that you like and we'll add them to the cart." He gives me a look as he says this. I groan and go up to the shelves, looking up. I look at the symbols instead of the materials, though. He shakes his head at me and lifts my head up, making my attention go to the paci in front of my face. I look at the pretty blue color of it and gasp. He chuckles and takes it, along with two more in different colors, before putting them in a medium sized basket I didn't notice we had. I'm assuming it's just for like stuff on a certain aisle. Like this one. I groan again.

I grab a purple one cause it looks pretty and I hand it to him. He breaks out into a grin. He kisses my cheek then, making my whole face resemble a tomato. He chuckles. The other men, who were talking quietly in the back, came up and squeezed my cheeks. I grumble and rub my aching face.

"Come on, love. Let's go to another aisle. They can catch up later with us while getting other things." Dakota says picking me up from the ground. I only nod and yawn, resting my head on his shoulder that feels like a rock.

"Why are you so hard?" I ask without thinking, peering up at him. He chokes on air at the words. "W-what? What do you mean, baby?" He laughs a little. "Your shoulders and your chest are like big rocks," I tell him, perplexed. He busts out laughing. "Baby," He starts saying as he calms down. "That's just because I work out a lot and my muscles grow stronger," He finishes. I blush in embarrassment.

He walks ahead of us into a new section of the store. This one is all supplies for outside for babies.

I stay quiet, suckling on the piece of plastic that had come to comfort me the most.

"Do you want to try out one before we buy it, love?" I nod not knowing what he's talking about. I see him walk over to a purple stroller. It looks like a normal one, just a little bigger. I do like that purple color, though, but I have always liked purple.

He lays me down inside it with no warning, humming lightly. I only freak out until I'm on soft cushions. I look up and as he pulls the top of it, the whole thing goes dark. Little spots of bright colors move across the cloth. I gasp quietly, recognizing it as the image of space and stars. Albeit there are no planets shown, but it's like a whole galaxy thing!

I keep yawning and yawning and my eyes won't stay open. When I blink and my eyes stay glued shut, I let out another huge yawn. Then, the stroller starts moving and the feeling of being rocked is so relaxing that I fall into a deep slumber.