Twilight's Song

Twilight's POV

I closed my eyes. I figured that if I can't see them, it would be a but easier for me to sing. So far it's working, even though I haven't done anything yet.

The music started playing. Well, I guess it's now or never.

(Play you belong with me)

You're on the phone with your girlfriend
She's upset, she's going off about something that you said
'Cause she doesn't get your humor like I do.

I'm in the room, it's a typical Tuesday night.
I'm listening to the kind of music she doesn't like.
And she'll never know your story like I do.

But she wears short skirts,
I wear t-shirts.
She's cheer captain,
And I'm on the bleachers.
Dreaming about the day when you wake up and find
That what you're looking for has been here the whole time

If you could see
That I'm the one
Who understands you,
Been here all along.
So, why can't you see
You belong with me,
You belong with me.

Walk in the streets with you and your worn out jeans
I can't help thinking this how it ought to be.
Laughing on a park bench thinking to myself,
"Hey, isn't this easy?"

And you've got a smile
That could light up this whole town
I haven't seen you in a while
Since she brought you down.

You say you're fine I know you better than that.
Hey, want you doing with a girl like that?

She wears high heels,
I wear sneakers.
She's cheer captain,
And I'm on the bleachers.
Dreaming about the day when you wake up and find
That what you're looking for has been here the whole time.

If you could see
That I'm the one
Who understands you,
Been here all along.
So why can't you see
You belong with me.

Standing by and waiting at you're back door.
All this time how could you not know, baby?
You belong with me,
You belong with me.

I opened my eyes for the first time since I started singing. I saw Flash looking right at me. Omg! What if he knows this is about him?! Don't panic Twilight, all you need to do is finish this song, then you can panic.

Oh, I remember you driving to my house
In the middle of the night.
I don't know what makes you laugh
When you know you're 'bout to cry.
I know you're favorite songs,
And you tell me about your dreams.
Think I know where you belong,
Think I know it's with me.

Can't you see
That I'm the one
Who understands you?
Been here all along.
So, why can't you see,
You belong with me.

Standing by and waiting at you're back door.
All this time how could you not know, baby?
You belong with me,
You belong with me.

You belong with me.

Have you thought just maybe
You belong with me?
You belong with me.

Everyone was cheering, for me. It feels weird kinda. I mean, the kids at my old school wouldn't have done this. All they would have done was clapped. These kids, they were cheering.

I looked at my friends, and like the others, they were cheering. Pinkie tried whistling but I think all she was doing was spitting. I could tell because Fluttershy kept wiping her face with disgust.

"Not bad Ms. Sparkle." Vice principal Luna said too me. "Thank you." I said. "You may go back to where you were Twilight." Principal Celestia said. "Now wasn't that a way to end off this year's talent show, eh sister?" Luna said as I was leaving. "It definitely was, Luna!" Celestia said. "Thank you again to everyone who participated this year, you all did amazing. The winners will be announced when you all come back from Christmas break. Until then, merry Christmas and happy new year!"

I was greeted with a hug from Pinkie when I returned to my friends. "YAY TWILIGHT!" she shouted. "Twilight you sounds amazing!" Fluttershy said. "Yeah! You'll most definitely win!" Pinkie added on. "Well I don't know Pinkie. You were pretty great too." I said. "Aww thanks Twilight, but I wasn't that good." Pinkie said. I wish she would stop saying that. She sounded so amazing, she just doesn't know it. "How come you had your eyes closed during the first half of the song?" Rainbow asked. "I figured that if I would have closed my eyes, it would make me less nervous." I said. "That's probably what I would have done." Fluttershy said.

"So...now what?" Pinkie said as we were walking out the door. "Packing!" I said. "Ugh, can't we do that tomorrow? I'm tired." Rainbow complained. "It's 9:00." I said. Rainbow looked at me. "Can't we do that tomorrow?" she said. "No! We leave tomorrow!" I said. "Where are you two going anyway?" Soarin asked. "I'm spending Christmas with Twi and her family." Rainbow said. "I'm going back to Long Beach!" Fluttershy said cheerfully. "I don't remember where I live!" Pinkie said. "Umm...okay?" Soarin said. Pinkie then skipped down the hallway. She's weird, but I'm okay with that, I guess.