Step 1: CHOOSE him

"Imagine marrying a billionaire," Diana said dreamily, while waving a slice of pizza.

My eyebrows moved towards each other to frown. "That's highly unlikely that I don't know why you're thinking about it."

We had (I was forced) to watch the 50 Shades of Grey movie and that had left my friend in a state where she was considering getting her own rich man to please her. I, being the critic, was arguing with her that her chances were zero to...well, none.

She lay her head on my shoulder, sighing. "The CEO of my workplace is retiring and his son is taking over so maybe my wish could come true."

"Too bad you have a boyfriend who is on the verge of panicking about where you are," I told her, pointing at her buzzing phone. Diana had left him in the mall when she bought the movie and came straight to my apartment to watch it with me.

"Liam can wait." She rolled her light green eyes, the only thing similar between us. "The real problem is if my chances are zero, what are yours?"

I pulled out a calculator from under the sofa and entered a few numbers then pressed the equal button. It came to the grand total of minus one percent so I showed it to her. "Look at that! It's lower than yours," sarcasm evident in my voice.

"Funny. Not. I bet you could easily get any guy with your looks."

I gestured to the golden nest on top of my head. "You mean I could get any guy to run from me."

Diana laughed. I grinned because as pretty as she was with her long red hair and slim body, she had an ugly laugh. And I'm not exaggerating. It was like a donkey coughing after inhaling helium with a chorus of pigs squealing in the background. She calmed down then became serious.

"We need to find you a man."

"I'm an independent woman."

"And you can be with a nice guy on the side!" She knocked the bowl of popcorn with her exaggerated arm movements.

"What if I was a lesbian?"

"Then it can be a nice girl. You've just become so...so boring ever since Trey."

I covered my ears. "Blah blah blah. I can only hear praise. What was that? I'm so interesting? Aww thanks Di."

"I can prove it!" she said reaching over to get her phone. She bagan to ring one of our friends, May. "Hello?"

"Hi?" May replied.

"It's me, Diana. Do you think Ashley's boring?"

"...Well, sort of. The guys are betting that she'll still be single by the end of the year...again."

I gasped loudly. "May, your birthday gift no longer exists."

She only chuckled. "Ash, I only say what I see. You've stopped having fun and you seem to be on the road to becoming a cat lady."

"I'm allergic to cats!"

"Dog lady."

"That makes her a b*tch," Diana pointed out.

"You two are the worst friends ever," I groaned. "And I won't be single by the end of the year."

Silence followed. Yep, my friends had no faith in me and I wasn't sure if I had faith either. Diana coughed and looked at the floor. I grabbed a cushion then hit her head with it.

"Come on guys. Don't you believe me?" I said, slightly losing hope.

"Ashley, honey, you don't even talk to boys or men. At all," May replied seriously.

"What about-"

"Your brother does not count."

"Okay, I have no contact with the opposite sex but that doesn't mean anything."

Diana shook her head. "Then how on earth are you going to find a guy?"

I brainstormed quickly. "The new boss!"

"What?! The new CEO? No offence but you have no chance," Diana told me, eyes wide.

"Actually, I have a chance of minus one."

"I need to go but Ashley, get the idea out of your mind." May hung up.

A slap suddenly met my face. "Ow!"

"Are you on drugs?" Diana frowned at me. "You cannot decide to date a CEO slash billionaire slash totally unavailable guy."

My mind was made. If they thought I couldn't then I would. People would definitely lose money to the stupid bet. "I can and I have," I said stubbornly then folded my arms.

"Do you even know his name?"

Oh yeah. My confident smile faltered. I had no idea who he even was or looked like. Hmm...looks don't matter but I knew where he worked.

"I don't need to know his name. If he works in your building then I'll come to just 'look' around and give my bestie her lunch."

"That's never going to work."

"You're the one who wanted me to date so some support would be nice."

She stomped her foot. "I meant a guy who works in the coffee shop with you."

"That's boring," I quoted.

"But it makes sense and actually is possible."

I narrowed my eyes and leaned towards her. "You don't believe I can do it. Well, start placing bets because I can get a billionaire to date me."

"You do know that there are millions of other guys you can choose from."

"No. I'm on a mission. And no one, I repeat, no one will stop me."

Diana held her hands together as if she was praying. "Please, let some outer worldly force stop her or she may end up in prison for harassment."

I got up and placed my hands on my hips. "I, Ashley Roberts, shall and will find a man no matter what it takes even if I end up in handcuffs."

"The girl's gone mad!" my friend proclaimed dramatically.

"If the boring girl in the movie can get a Christian Grey so can I. Minus the sadistic parts. I don't enjoy pain."

Someone knocked on my door. I strode towards it full of energy to find Liam there, soaked in rain.

"Diana!" He yelled sounding annoyed.

I heard my bedroom door shutting, a sign that she had fled. I widened the door to let him in and find his girl like I was going to find my man.

#

NEW BOOK!!!

I have no idea if this will be good but we'll see. So I'm back...obviously and hopefully, you'll enjoy this...

VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE!

XO Nyx_