Step 14: EMBARASS him

BILLIONAIRE ETHAN HOLT HAS A WAITRESS ON HIS ARM

HOLT'S WAITRESS SERVES HIM AS A GIRLFRIEND

HAS HOLT LOWERED HIS STANDEREDS TO WAITRESSES?

I  threw the newspapers on the coffee table and groaned in frustration. My pictures with Ethan at the gala was splashed over the front covers. They made me sound like I was with him for his wealth despite the fact that I don't need his money. At all. I rang Ethan's phone for the seventeenth time, praying that he would pick up. However, it went to voicemail.

"F*ck him!" I yelled to no one. "Where is he?"

I hadn't seen him for so long I was beginning to get worried. I needed a boyfriend, not the ghost of one. May walked into the living room. "Why are you screaming? It's too early."

"Sorry. It's just that my life is a mess. And I don't know what to do," I wailed.

May blinked. "Are you on your period or something?"

I picked up a newspaper and hurled it at her. "Look at it then judge me."

She caught it before it could hit her head. Her eyes scanned the paper. "Oh sh*t."

"Exactly what I was thinking. And Ethan hasn't even said anything."

A second later, Ace entered the living room and kissed May on the cheek then mouth. I scrunched my nose with disgust. I didn't mind that my brother and best friend were dating but I had no desire to see them all loved up. "Can you two stop?" I said. Then I paused. How did my brother even get in my apartment?

He grinned at me. "No can do."

Suddenly, I heard the front door being slammed shut. Diana and Liam walked in. I mean Diana dragged Liam into the room. She thrust her phone in my face. "What is the meaning of this, Ashley? Why are you all over social media? There are f*cking memes about you!"

Liam grabbed her and pulled her away from me. "Calm down. You don't need to scream."

"That's not what you said last night," she fired back.

"My ears! My eyes!" I cried out in misery. I felt like being sick. I got up from the couch and folded my arms then took a deep breath. "If you guys are here to show off your relationships, the door is that way."

May raised an eyebrow. "Are you jealous?"

"Pfft. No," I denied. "I just don't want my apartment to be crowded because you're trying to reproduce."

"That's disgusting," Diana replied.

"So is seeing you lot kiss and make innuendos!" I shot back.

"Call Ethan if you're bored," Ace suggested. Everyone nodded except for me.

"I've tried that. He's missing as far as I know."

"Awww. You miss him!" May squealed then grabbed my cheeks.

"Leave me alone," I hit her hands away. "Are any of you planning on leaving my apartment?"

"No," they said simultaneously.

"Fine! I'm leaving." I moved and grabbed my jacket. "Don't go in my bedroom if you're going to do anything." I rushed out and took a cab before I would see something that would make me want to remove my eyes. Handing the driver the money, I got out and walked into the intimidating building of Holt Enterprise. People marched to wherever they were going while I stumbled around until I got to the elevator.

I was squished in the middle of suits and dresses with my plain clothes. Once a group left, another would enter. Eventually, everyone abandoned the small space, leaving me alone. I got off on Ethan's floor and found the secretary answering a call while glaring at me.

"Where's Ethan?" I asked nicely.

"He's in a meeting and no, I can't get him for you," she hissed before I could ask.

"Then I'll get him," I decided then hurried down the corridor in search of him. A black door was at the end and a sign saying occupied. I knocked on it then heard someone say come in. Pushing it open, I found a dozen men, sitting around a transparent table, staring at me and at the front stood Ethan. You could tell he was in charge of the meeting as he gave of vibes of authority despite being in a room with men who were much older than him.

"Ashley, did you want something?" he asked. His face didn't reveal anything.

"Uhm..." I felt so awkward that I couldn't speak.

"One moment. My girlfriend hasn't seen me for a week," he told the men, smiling. They laughed. Ethan came out the closed the door behind him and his smile faded. "What do you want?" And there was the guy I knew.

"Where have you been? I didn't receive even a call from you."

"Were you worried?" I didn't reply. "I was Japan for a meeting."

"And you couldn't pick up your phone?"

"Sorry. Next time, I'll tell you where I'm going," he said sarcastically. "Is that all?"

"Haven't you seen the news?"

"Yes."

"And you're not embarrassed?"

"Why would I be?"

"Because you're now associated with a waitress!" I half yelled, half whispered.

He looked at me as if I was stupid. "Do you think that's one of my biggest problems right now?"

"You were the one who said that you didn't want anyone to know!"

"Ashley, I'm a billionaire. Not a f*cking singer or actor. No one will care in a week."

I folded my arms and huffed. "Okay then." Ethan's eyes seemed to search mine then he leaned forward.

"Why are you here?" he murmured.

My face turned red at how close he was. "Why do you like getting into my personal space?"

"Answer the question." He came even closer.

"All my friends are practically having sex in my apartment so I came here to hide from them since you're the only person I know who is not in a relationship," I rushed out.

Ethan chuckled quietly. "You can stay here." He called over his secretary whose name I didn't bother to remember. "Take her to my office."

The woman looked p*ssed but didn't argue. I, however, did. "You're going to leave me alone?"

"I have to finish the meeting you interrupted. I'll be done in twenty minutes."

He left me alone with the secretary who led me to his office. I entered then she slammed the door as she went back to her desk. I wasn't going to stay here doing nothing. I walked forward and studied what was on his table but something caught my eye. On the wall to the left there was a glass cabinet.

And what do I see inside it?

Alcohol.

So what do I do?

Smile.

#

This took so long to type up. I don't know why... It might be because Iron Man is distracting me XD

Anyway, I love you lot. I have no favourites.

XO Nyx