Step 19: FIGHT him

A car came to pick me up from the airport because Ethan decided to leave me and make his own way to the hotel. The journey there was fine as I didn't have someone getting on every single one of my nerves. The car slowed down and I looked out the window. Ethan was standing at the entrance of the hotel, unaware that I had just arrived, I forcefully opened the door then stomped towards him. In a split second, the hand that was at my side, curled up into a fist and collided with his jaw.

"You f*cking d*ck!" I exploded, full of annoyance that came with frustration and being around the idiot.

He rubbed his jaw and looked down at me harshly. "Well, congratulations, Ashley. You've made such a great impression on my family. Now, let's see how they believe that I'm dating a violent girl."

"What?" I said confused. He gestured behind me. Oh sh*t. F*ck my life. I slowly turned around to face them. An older woman with a fur coat stood beside a man who I assumed was her husband. Anothe couple was next to them but were younger. The woman had short brown hair and the figure of a ballerina. The guy had red hair and looked like the stereotypical jock. But what they all had in common was the expression of shock with a mixture of horror.

Ethan walked towards them. "Mom. Dad. This is Ashley...my girlfriend." No one said anything.

I didn't care about Ethan at all but I didn't want his family to hate me. I smiled at them. "Hi."

His mother glanced briefly at me then turned to her son. "Does that happen often?" she whispered loudly.

"Pretty much," he replied, grabbing one of the suitcases.

"Heaven forbid but do you think...she's abusing you?"

"I highly doubt it," I saw him roll his eyes.

"Denial is a sign of being in an abusive relationship," she argued.

My face turned red with shame. Now, I looked like the villian. But seriously? How could I hurt Ethan? He could snap me in half with only his hands and it didn't help that I was short.

"There's probably a reason why she hit him, mom," the girl interjected lightly. "Ethan always provokes people."

Ethan's mother still gave me a disapproving look. "It's late and I want to sleep. We'll talk in the morning." Her husband followed but gave me a polite smile before disappearing.

"Ashley, is it?" the girl asked.

"Yeah. I'm guessing you're the sister."

"Older sister," she emphasised. "I'm Victoria and this is my soon-to-be-husband Ray."

I waved. "Nice to meet you."

"So you're dating my brother. I'm shocked, no offence. He's a d*ck."

He really is, I didn't add. "He's...nice enough," I managed to choke out.

An arm draped over my shoulders. The voice stopped me from screaming. "The suitcases have all been taken so I'm taking Ashley to bed. Night."

"Night."

I didn't have time to admire how gorgeous the hotel was as Ethan dragged me into an elevator. He let out a sigh once the doors closed then moved away from me. I glared. "I don't have f*cking herpes. Chill."

He didn't move from the furthest corner from me.

"You told me we were going somewhere cold," I grumbled, sweating in my sweatshirt.

"Is than why you punched me?"

"No. I punched you because you made me endure hours in the company of a little kid."

Ethan laughed at my misfortune the stepped out of the elevator and into the hallway. Swiping the keycard, he pushed open the door and switched on the lights. I walked past him and grinned. As much as I hated him, I was happy that I was in Hawaii. I walked over to the balcony and stared at the beach. The water reflected the sky like a mirror and lapped at the shore. I felt myself relaxing.

"Goodnight," Ethan called.

I turned to face him. "Where's my room?"

He pointed to the couch. "There."

"Ethan. For real. Where's my room?" I asked again.

"As it turns out my sister only expected me to come so booked a room with one bed."

"So you couldn't ask for two?"

"It was pre-booked."

I ran to the bedroom but Ethan grabbed my hips and dragged me back before I could turn the handle. "I'm not sleeping on the couch," I snarled.

"Yes, you will."

"What the f*ck do you mean 'I will'? I'm the girl."

"Gender equality." I tried to run again but he caught me then carried me to the couch where he dropped me. "I'll bring you some pillows. Maybe."

I waited for him to leave. The bedroom door closed and I got up and made my way to the cupboards. I opened them, looking for something that would give me the upper hand. There was some sun cream, bottles of water and an umbrella. I picked up the umbrella as it probably could do the most amount of damage.I kicked open the bedroom door and with a war cry, I leaped onto the bad and started hitting Ethan. It was all in vain as the umbrella was thrown out of my reach and Ethan pinned me to the bed. I looked up and his eyes met mine.

"You don't know when to give up," he muttered.

I tried to wiggle free but his grip only became tighter. "I'll give up if you let me have the bed."

"That's not giving up."

"Really? I guess I'm not giving up."

His face was centimetres from mine and I could sense the tension that was growing. However, I had to get my priorities straight. I wanted to sleep on this bed and right now, I didn't see possible. However, I had a tactic under my sleeve.

"Ethan?"

"Yes?"

"I'll give you a blowjob if you let me have the bed." For the first time, I managed to surprise him. He fell off the bed as if it was on fire, glaring at me with disgust. I started laughing then pointed at the door. "I win. Now, leave and I'm not giving you a blowjob, by the way."

"I don't want you to anyway," he spat then stomped off.

I cuddled the pillows, feeling like I was on a cloud. It may seem extreme what I did but I had no choice. He was cold like ice. Nothing shocked him apart from that. I high fived myself then drifted to sleep.

#

That wasn't how I planned the chapter but it's fine.

I feel like this book has been dragging on for years.

But I will finish it.

Please COMMENT, VOTE and SHARE

XO Nyx