Step 2: STALK him

I hadn't been able to sleep all night and I had the bags to prove it. Somehow I needed to get a guy... A guy who I completely didn't know. Breathe Ash. My first priority was trying to get to work on time. Note that I said try. The bell jingled as I came in panting and wheezing.

"I'm on time" I shouted out.

A few customers in the shop turned to stare at the unfit blonde girl at the door while others, who were used to it, continued whatever they were doing.

"You're two minutes late," the devil hissed at me. Where are my manners? I meant she-devil who came in the form of a stuck up psychopathic b*tch.

"No, I'm not," I argued.

Tash pointed to the clock behind my head. "Nine oh two. You were supposed to be here at nine exact."

I shrugged. "I've asked you to change my shift to a time where I didn't have to wake up when the birds were still asleep. So you can't blame me."

"My grandmother owns this place so abide by the rules or say hello to your final pay check." Tash flounced off probably to grumble to her baby about the evil Ashley.

I wiped a fake tear then broke out into a grin. I enjoyed her fake threats. Her grandmother was a sweet elderly lady who had the misfortune to be related to the spawn of the devil. I went to the back and tied on a apron before going to ask for people's orders. My first order came from a familiar ginger who was holding hands with a surprisingly calm Liam.

"The usual," Diana told me.

"No please?" I raised an eyebrow at her.

"Oh please, Ashley! Give me some of those tasty cookies and a skinny latte, please with a cherry on the top," she pleaded mockingly.

"Calm down. Anyway, why are you here at this time in the morning?"

"She woke me up," Liam grumbled.

"Yes, I did because I need to admit something."

I clapped my hands. "Congratulations. Admitting you're drug dependant is the first stage before going to rehab. This is for the best, Di."

"F*ck you," she glared at me. "For your information, I may have done something that may be profitable or not, depending on your success."

"You put yourself in my will?"

"That could never be profitable. I'd end up with your broken phone or something weird and useless."

"How rude."

"I know. Back to the topic, I placed a bet on your love life."

My mouth dropped open. How could she? "For or against?"

"For, you dummy. It was a lot of money so you'd better win." Diana twirled her hair between her fingers. "And luckily for you, I got you a love potion." She pulled up a small bottle full of a clear liquid.

Hesitantly, I picked it up and observed. "Where did you get it?"

"From a hobo witch doctor."

My head moved so fast I almost snapped it. "Seriously?"

She let out one of her signature glass-shattering laughs. "No. I bought it from a tacky Halloween shop. It was on sale."

With a heart returning to its normal beating rate, I pocketed the potion. Maybe it would work. "Thanks but I don't know exactly how to find him." I had finally come to terms that maybe a picture or a name might help me with my plan.

"Ethan Holt. Just turned twenty five in September and now is the new, proud owner of multiple hotels and resorts around the world," Diana recited.

"You know a lot about him," I pointed out.

"I agree. Should I be worried?" Liam raised his head off the table to stare at his girlfriend.

"Not at all. Most people can tell you the exact same thing."

I had the urge to search his name up and see what I was going to try and seduce... Maybe not seduce. "I'll go get your orders."

*****

I opened my laptop on my bed and typed in Ethan Holt. He was handsome with wavy brown hair and an amazing jawline. That was very important to me. Pictures of him with different girls popped up along with captions such as:

Is Ethan now dating the Norwegian model Alexis Tollenton?

Ethan Holt opens six new hotels and is expected to make millions

Seen with a ring! Read more to see the Holt heir's ring

... Ring? I clicked the link and compared it to the others. As it was the only site with that theory, I chose to disbelieve it. I needed better information, not the assumptions of people who look at the world through a camera all day. I sighed then leaned back to lie on my pillow. Which somehow disappeared, leaving me to fall on the ground with a loud thud.

The neighbors below began pounding on their ceiling (my floor) yelling. I tapped back in apology.

"Sorry, Mr. Resoti!" I shouted back.

This only triggered the other flats to start shouting for me to be quiet. I rolled my eyes to an imaginary person.

"F*ck you all!" I replied loud enough for them to hear me.

That's when the screaming match begun. I popped my headphones into my ears to block them out. Sooner or later, my landlord was going to get fed up and I'd be on the streets. But until then, I've made it my mission to p*ss off every person in the apartments.

I went back to my intensive research. I typed in facts on Ethan Holt. The first website had a list of things on him. He liked red. My nose scrunched up with disapproval. Red? Of all the rainbow? I scrolled down and found out he hated pets. Well, that's good. I didn't know what to do with the things.

I noted down a few more facts then moved to his social media. Twitter was usually good for stalking friends...and future boyfriends who don't know you exist. I looked at his last tweet.

@EthanHolt: Arriving in New York tomorrow morning and will be staying in the main hotel

Tomorrow?!

#

Hi!

...

I have nothing to say.

Interviews for this book? Yes or no?

XO Nyx_