Step 25: PROVE IT to him

I made it back to our hotel with Ethan hot on my heels. I swung open the door then tried to slam it but it made a thud, telling me that he managed to get in.

"Ashley! Wait!" he said, still laughing. He reached to grab me but I dodged his arms then ran towards the bedroom.

"Leave me alone," I muttered, trying to shut the door but his foot stopped me.

"I was joking."

I looked up at him. "I don't like your jokes. They suck."

He rolled his eyes then pushed the door wide open. Laying on the bed, he brought out his phone and frowned at the screen. "Victoria's upset that I left. She wants to know why."

"Are you going to tell her that it's because you became a caveman?" I taunted. His only response was to throw a pillow at me. I didn't bother throwing it back as I was well aware that my aim was sh*t. Instead, I settled for giving him my middle finger.

"So what do you want to do?" Ethan asked.

Suspicious, I raised my eyebrow. "Why are you being nice?"

"If this is what you call being nice, I'm worried. We're the only people not at the rehearsal and unless you have something better to do, you're stuck with me."

"I don't know whether that a good thing."

"It can be whatever you want it to be."

"So if I said I wanted pizza and a movie, would you let me?"

Laughing, he nodded. "I should have predicted that. I'll order the pizza, you can pick the movie."

"Whatever movie I want?"

"Yes."

"Even if it's a cheesy romantic one?"

"I'll fall asleep but yes."

I waited for him to yell and admit that he was joking but he seemed serious. I backed away slowly still waiting then hurried towards the television before he could change his mind. Twenty minutes later, Inception was playing and two boxes of pizza was opened on the coffee table. Ethan sat on the floor, leaving me to stay on the couch comfortably while I stared at the back of his head, trying to understand him. His recent behaviour seemed so...normal and it was scaring me.

"You're creeping me out more than this movie," he sighed, turning to face me. The second his hazel eyes connected with mine, my cheeks turned red.

"I'm not doing anything," I argued. "Watch the movie."

He did as I asked, leaving me alone with my thoughts. A knock on the door caused me to sit up. Ethan got up from the floor then answered it. He turned around holding a white box and placed it beside me. "It's for you. Apparently, it got mixed up with Ivy's which is why it was late."

Once Ivy's name was mentioned, I knew something was wrong. She'd been quiet for more than twenty-four hours so I was definitely due for one of her plans. My hands shaking, I pulled the ribbon of and lifted to lid to see my worst nightmare. The pale pink dress I was going to wear was shredded beyond repair and a little note was attached.

Oops, it said with a lipstick stain on it. Signed with the tell-tale scent of Chanel No.5. I was going to kill her once I was given the chance. I threw the card at Ethan. "Do you still believe she has your best interests at heart," I growled. I wanted to scream. I paid for that myself and it wasn't cheap.

Ethan also didn't look pleased. He grabbed the scraps of material, examining it then dumped it back in the box. "I'll talk to her," he assured me. Ethan walked out of the room, shutting the front door behind him. I paused the movie and let out a scream. She was good at this game but I had the upper hand. I had Ethan. He came back, still looking annoyed, but was holding another dress. "Ivy apologised and said you could have this one."

It looked like an innocent gesture but I knew better. I sighed but took it. "I'll try it on."

And that's when I found out the problem. I stared at the label.

It was too small.

Picking up my phone, I dialled Plan B. My conscience was eating me up but I didn't have a choice. My dad picked up the phone immediately.

"Ashley?"

"I need a dress," I rushed out.

"No hello?" he teased.

"Hey, dad. Do you think it's possible to get a dress to Hawaii in... less than fifteen hours?"

"You didn't tell your mom and I that you were in Hawaii," he pointed out.

"I was invited to a wedding by a...friend." I could tell he wanted to ask more questions. "Dad, I really really need a dress for tomorrow. Can you help or not?"

"Of course I can. I'm Vincent Rowe," he bragged. "Tell your mom what you want. I'll get it there as soon as possible."

I let out a sigh of relief when I heard my mom's voice. "Ashley? You haven't spoken to me for a month. A month. Your brother seems to be the only one who remembers I exist. Apparently, you have a boyfriend. Is that true?"

"Boyfriend?!" I heard my dad yell.

"Mom," I said, panicking slightly. "I need a dress. Now."

"We'll continue that conversation later. What color?" my mom asked.

"I don't mind. Just make sure it's pretty."

"I wouldn't do anything else. Your dad's having a fit about you having a boyfriend. Call me soon." 

"I promise."

The phone beeped signalling the end of the conversation and I smiled. I stomped back to where Ethan was then threw the tiny dress on the floor. I lay on the couch, ignoring the look he was giving me. "Is everything okay?"

"Hopefully," I replied and grabbed a slice of pizza.

#

This is slightly shorter than normal...sorry x

THANK YOU again guys. I know I say it a lot but I mean it.

I'm going to start dedicating chapters to people so this one goes to @XxthatromancethoxX. She's been reading my books since day one and I consider her a friend. Thank you so much x

XO Nyx