Chapter 6

Chapter Six

I decided this time I would be more careful with my missions. Especially, since someone was able to catch me in the act. I really had to watch my back. I can't afford to lead the cops on my trail. I been doing this for too many years, I'm not going to get caught because of my carelessness.

As I sat in the passenger seat, I watched the scenary fly by. There's nothing else I can do but look out the window, we been driving for 3 hours and I'm bored out my mind. That's one of the things I hate about these trips, the long ass drives is too much. Luckily, I don't have to be behind the wheel that's why I always bring Anton or Shawn my right hand men.

I continued to stare to my right, until I take notice of the same black vehicle been following us for almost an hour now. It seems like, it's trying stay as far away from us as possible, but not enough to actually lose track of here we are. I furrowed my eyebrows, Who could be following us?

"Aye, Anton? Do you see that black van in your rearview mirror?" I asked. He glanced at me out the corner his eyes, before he checked the mirrors. "Yeah I do. What's up? Is something wrong?"

"I don't know, it looks suspicious. It's been behind us for an hour. Who would be up at 1:00am in this empty interstate?" I wondered with a deep frown as I glanced out my mirror.

Anton nodded thoughtfully, "Now I think about it, I believe that van been behind us this entire time. I noticed it back when we was driving through Arizona,"

"Fuck, I knew something wasn't right. Now, look this is what you're going to do." I started. I didn't feel like dealing with this today. I just wanted to get this damn job done so we could collect the money and get back to the warehouse.

"I want you to get off the exit that's coming up and once we get into the city, we'll get back on the expressway. We're going to get them off our back first. And if they still keep up, we're going to confront them." I explained as loaded my pistol with bullets.

Anton muttered, "Okay, boss." He did exactly as I said. And sure enough the vehicle followed close behind once we had made the unexpected turn. It's no surprise that someone would be after us, I mean I do kill people for a living. Ripping apart families, sooner or later someone was going to get onto me.

It didn't really scare me because, I always had a plan just in case that happens. I won't get caught under no circumstances. Even if I have to relocate I will. Maybe, I'll do that once we get back to California, I always thought Washington or Wisconsin was a perfect place to hide in. Due to its low population and low crime rates. No one would be looking for us there.

Once Anton did as I said, we were able to lose them. I didn't like the fact that, we was basically leading someone into our location. Even though I relaxed slightly. I still kept an open eye out. I had a feeling that the person following us is the same person who took that picture of me and stuck it in my window shield.

Instead of trying to lose them, we should've confronted them. I could've killed them and went on about my life with no worries. Welp it's too late now to do that. Plus, I really wasn't in the mood to be in a life threatening situation right now. I'm saving that until we reach our location.

I leaned back against the seat, my eyelids were starting to droop and before I knew it, I was asleep.

**************

By the time I had woke up, we had 30 minutes until we reached our destination. I streched out my stiff limbs as I prepared to take some lives. Now, I'm more than used to it, I mean I've taken over ten lives, you stop feeling anything after the very first person.

Our two suspects were Raven and Missy Harmon. I approved of two 25 year old twins, to borrow specifically 9,950 dollars about six months ago. I haven't seen a dime of it since then. I have my own company you see, I give out loans to anyone fit to borrow for any reasons. Once, I have yet to see a payment after 6 months. I hunt them down myself, which really is a hassle. That's why I usually kill the victims because they could've avoided all of this, if they would've just paid the minimum 200 dollars. It's not that fucking hard, usually the victims assume they're going to cheat me out of my money. And go about their little pathetic lives, like my loan didn't exist.

They're in for a rude awakening.

Anton parked the car 5 blocks away from their two story suburban home. I gathered my knife and pistol, just in case they don't have my money. I told Anton that I would go in and do the job myself, and he could be the watch out.

"Don't forget to call me, if something or someone comes along and can blow my cover," I reminded him, without waiting for an answer from him. I slammed the door and began to make my way towards their home.

It's about 4:00am, they would most likely be sleeping and as far as I know they live alone, but I'm still going to check the house to make sure. I adjusted the leather gloves on my hand as their home comes into view.

I crouched down and slowly crept into their backyard. Since, it was so dark I had to run my hand down along their home for a back door handle. I felt the metal knob and attempted to jerk the door open, but it didn't budge.

I lifted my hand and fingers came in contact with the glass near the knob. I punched through it to unlock the door.

It creaked quietly as I stepped into their kitchen. I slowly glanced around the bottom floor of the home. No one's downstairs, they must be on the second floor.

I turned around and that's when I heard distant footsteps coming from upstairs. I quickly crouched down behind the sofa in the living room, keeping myself out of sight.

I heard slight humming coming from the stairway and that's when Raven Harmon came into view, wearing nothing but a pair of shorts and a grey tank top. Her red hair is ruffled slightly and her face is make up free. Her appearance makes me assume she must've been asleep.

She tip toed into the dark kitchen, grabbing a glass from the cupboard. Wiping her eyes, she turned her back towards me as she put the glass under the faucet.

She accidentally spilled some of the water on the counter. She proceeds to clean it up with the cloth hanging from the rack. I take that as my que to get her from behind. I slid my knife out my back pocket and clutch it in my hand. I quietly snuck up behind her.

I swiftly wrapped my right arm around her torso preventing any usage of her arms, while holding my knife up against her neck with my left hand. I whispered menacingly in her ear. "Don't scream unless you want me to slit your throat."

She gasped, her body went rigid. I pressed the knife deeper into her throat. "Please let me go! Take whatever you want, but don't hurt me!" She wept as she struggled against me desperately, but I tightened my hold on her.

"Now, I can't do that unless you cough up my money you little who-"

I was interrupped by her ear piercing scream. And without hesitation, I yanked my knife across her throat brutally. Her scream was cut off within 2.5 seconds. Hopefully, it didn't wake up anyone up, now I have to quickly get her sister and get out of there. I dropped her body on the floor with a loud thump.

I shook my head as I glanced down at her blood that drenched my arm.

"Stupid bitch."