Chapter 9

Chapter Nine

Bryce's P.O.V

My mind woke up before I opened my eyes, underneath my body is something soft. I listened out for any noises, but all I heard was absolute silence. I let out a sigh of relief. I was a little on edge after what occurred earlier.

After hearing that the coast was clear. I slowly cracked my eyes open and noticed that I'm still in Caine's room. I thought I died... Even though, I wished I wasn't here I was happy to be alive. I still clung onto hope of me escaping and finally becoming free. I couldn't allow myself to willingly die by Caine's hands.

It's impossible for me accept my situation and roll with it. I tried  my best to look on the bright side. I can't stay locked up in this hole.

I sat up, and looked around the room again to make sure Caine wasn't lurking around. I wasn't mentally or physically able to deal with him right now. I'm not going to lie either, being captured and having to deal with him on an almost daily basis. It's so draining.

This man basically has my life in his hands. At the snap of a finger he could end my life. No questions asked. I noticed that the smallest things set him off. So I tried to watch what I say, but he's so sick and twisted that my mouth can get reckless.

I attempted to get up from the bed, but a sudden restriction prevented me from doing so. I look at my right hand, I groaned when I noticed the cuff on my wrist.

"Just great," I grumbled with a tinge of annoyance. Now I can't even move from the bed, I don't know when Caine will be back. So lord knows how long I'm going to be cuffed to this bed post.

I wanted to get up and go, somewhere far away from here. To a place where I can't be touched or harmed.

"I hate that I'm still here." I sniffled while burying my face in my free hand. It seems as if I'm slowly starting too lose my mind. Being in this confined space all the time, rather it's this room or the basement to be tortured is too much. Hopefully I can make it through this.

Suddenly, my inner thoughts are put to a halt when I distantly heard footsteps right outside Caine's bedroom. No one ever comes near around this area, unless it's Caine himself. His room is strictly off limits. I'm really not in the mood to deal with him right now. I'm not in the mood to be sexually assaulted or smacked. He disgusts me to my very core. I don't want to be around him longer than I have to be. I swallowed the lump in my throat as I watched the door knob jiggle as a key turned in the door.

My face goes emotionless when I see exactly who comes through the door.

Alyssa's face is something I really don't like to see at all. I'm not angry with her anymore. I can't help that every time I look at her face. I get flashbacks of her betrayal. I've moved pass it, but it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Once I took a good look at her face, my stomach dropped. "What's wrong?" I asked carefully. Her face was one of worry and urgency, but once I ask her that question. It goes completely blank, she goes on as if I didn't say anything.

She pulled out a key to unlock the cuff from around my wrist. She yanked me up by my arm. I don't think her intention was to hurt me. She seemed to be in a hurry, but I snapped anyways.

"Damn be anymore rough why don't you?" I grumbled as she pulled me along beside her. She only rolled her eyes as she dragged me out his room and down the dimly lit corridor.

"Where are you taking me?" I questioned after a long silence. She glanced me out the corner of her eye before replying vaguely. "Somewhere,"

"I know that much. I mumbled with a slight attitude, I'm trying to see what's going on. It seemed like something bad happened, and I want to know especially since Alyssa came to retrieve me and she seemed to be worried.

Then we enter a place I haven't seen in so long. Outside. I couldn't help, but stop for a minute to take everything in. The sun shining bright in the cloudless blue sky, the smell of fresh air made me smile. I didn't realize exactly how much I took for granted these small things. It has been a very long I'm already 20 now it seems as if time is flying.

My little reunion with being outside didn't last long because Alyssa jerked me out of my trace.

"Come on,"

I try my best to keep up with her pace as we go into the woods then a sudden thought comes to mind. "Are we escaping!?"

It would make sense..her facial expressions, her urgency. Everything is screaming. "We're escaping." but I can't be too sure. I mean why would Alyssa help her ex bestfriend whom she backstabbed escape?

She threw me a cruel smirk over her shoulder. "You wish," she laughed as if that idea was absurd.

I glared daggers at her. "You're right I do wish I could escape actually..." Before I know what I'm doing I punch her in face. She yelped while trying to block my upcoming hit. But she's unsuccessful because I'm suddenly driven by rage, I didn't know I still had. Honestly, this seemed to be my only way of escaping, my ride to freedom. I'm not about to waste it

I don't stop either, I shove her down and she fell on the forest floor with a loud thud. She cried out in surprise. "Get the hell off me!" She screeched as she tried to get the upper hand. I straddled her waist to keep her down while I throw punch after punch as hard as I can. If she gets up I'm doomed.

She grabbed my both my wrists and uses all her force to knock me off of her. My head slammed into the ground. My vision get hazy and I wildly waved my arms around hoping to hit her, but I didn't hit anything. My vision finally clear up, suddenly the barrel of gun stared me in the face, I froze.

"Get up whore," She hissed and I slowly rose on wobbly legs. I glared at her. "Shut the fuck up, that's your title not mine," I snarled as I clenched my fists.

She smacked the gun across my face, dazing me. I winced as my eyes watered. The pain made my face throb. I bit my lip to try and distract myself from the pain. All too soon I feel the cold metal connecting around both my wrist.

Just when I thought I had this...I won't ever have another opportunity like this again.

Authors Note: I decided to do a lil chapter in Bryce's point of view it won't happen too much since this is basically supposed to be from Caine's point of view only. But I couldn't help myself lol Sorry for the crappy chapter this is only a filler.